AW4 Intermittent problem while on charger

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by croco_dile, Oct 19, 2018.

1. croco_dile macrumors regular

Hi,

I have a 44mm SS Apple Watch 4. I have noticed an issue where when it’s on the charger and fully charged, every 20-30 mins, it would wake up by itself, display the charging icon with the charging sound, for no apparent reasons. It would repeat this pretty much the whole night which is annoying.

Also the watch and charger would remain fairly warm the entire time.

Has anyone else experienced this?

2. OBirder macrumors 6502

OBirder

Yes!

A few times not even fully charged in the morning. I use the Apple Watch charging dock in Nightstand mode.

Changed the cable and power plug (to an iPad charger). Still intermittent. 4 or 5 days ago, I thoroughly cleaned back of watch and switched to a second dock from a family member. So far I haven’t noticed it.

3. croco_dile thread starter macrumors regular

Did your other family member try your dock and did they have the same problem?

I am just wondering if its a problem with the charger or the apple watch itself?

4. OBirder macrumors 6502

OBirder

No, their dock was mainly used for travel. Typically they use two different regular charger on a S4 watch and didn't have the problem to begin with.

I may clean thoroughly and try again with mine. Some as well in other posts speculate it could be software related.

What charger are you using?

5. Dormammu macrumors 65816

Dormammu

A mysterious location in the middle of nowhere
    I am experiencing the same. I brought my charging cable from work home and have swapped it with my original. I’ll see if my watch still does it over the next couple days.