Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CaptMarvel

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 20, 2014
North Carolina
I traded in my Nike AW3 Celluar for the Nike AW4 GPS yesterday. Haptic crown feedback, small speed boat, larger screen, louder Siri/speaker and new complications are all very welcomed upgrades.

However one thing I’ve noticed is battery life is definitely far less than what I experienced on my AW3.

Anyone else notice worse battery life coming from an S3? Are certain complications a battery hog? Does cellular version have better battery life than GPS?

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
I traded in my Nike AW3 Celluar for the Nike AW4 GPS yesterday. Haptic crown feedback, small speed boat, larger screen, louder Siri/speaker and new complications are all very welcomed upgrades.

However one thing I’ve noticed is battery life is definitely far less than what I experienced on my AW3.

Anyone else notice worse battery life coming from an S3? Are certain complications a battery hog? Does cellular version have better battery life than GPS?

Are you running a lot of third-party applications? You can always adjust your settings with the brightness, haptic feedback, disable Siri, if you have the heart rate sensor active consistently, that will all contribute to battery drain.

Benz63amg

macrumors 601
Oct 17, 2010

i'm in the same boat as you to be honest, battery life has been quite disappoint coming from the Series 3 Stainless Steel Model, currently own a Series 4 stainless steel, i never activated cellular on the series 3 nor do i plan do activate it on my series 4. Battery life has been somewhat mediocre on my series 4 so far and i do have most of the culprit settings disabled and im using the same watchface i used on my series 3 (Utility)

CaptMarvel

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 20, 2014
North Carolina
Are you running a lot of third-party applications? You can always adjust your settings with the brightness, haptic feedback, disable Siri, if you have the heart rate sensor active consistently, that will all contribute to battery drain.

No third party applications. Currently using the Infograph Modular watch face (See attached image). My watch was fully charged before starting my day at 5:30am. Went for a 4.5mi run midday after work. Usually around this time with my S3, I’d still have about 60-65%. Maybe it’s the heart rate complication? Will try the previously used Siri watch face tomorrow to see if better results are achieved.

Attachments

• EDFC5EE6-A073-47FC-BFEA-3C11C993E99A.png
    EDFC5EE6-A073-47FC-BFEA-3C11C993E99A.png
    59.5 KB · Views: 133

steelo3232

macrumors regular
May 25, 2016
Battery life is horrid on series 4 I can get a full day but nowhere near 2 same routine same apps between the 3 and 4 and the 3 would go two full days.... this isn’t even close to a two day device and sometimes when I’m on cellular a lot or listening to music more than normal it’s damn near dead at 11:30

perezr10

macrumors 68000
Jan 12, 2014
Monroe, Louisiana
My Series 4 is no better than my Series 3. But...the Series 3 was AMAZING, so that’s not necessarily a bad thing.

I do think that my workouts seem to take a bigger bite out of the battery on my Series 4 than my old Series 3. Not sure why. It seems like the heart rate monitor is more battery thirsty or the bigger screen takes a larger toll?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.