Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PTVMan

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 20, 2012
Currently on 5.1 release but watch will not even find an update for 5.1.1.

BillGates1969

macrumors 68000
Sep 11, 2008
Poole, UK
Do you have any beta profiles installed?

Try rebooting?

I went from 5.1 beta to 5.1 production to 5.1.1 production with no issues - I uninstalled my beta profile to get the prod 5.1...just before everyone said it was bricking their watches.

PTVMan

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 20, 2012
Thanks everyone. I deleted beta profiles and rebooted, and now running 5.1.1. Only issue now is that the new complications like Messages, Phone etc will not display on the watch when selecting for my Infographic face.

KarimLeVallois

macrumors 68020
Feb 22, 2014
London
Thanks everyone. I deleted beta profiles and rebooted, and now running 5.1.1. Only issue now is that the new complications like Messages, Phone etc will not display on the watch when selecting for my Infographic face.

They won't do, they're more placeholders until a later release... annoying for those with a Series 4 I know!

DukeSilver79

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2018
They won't do, they're more placeholders until a later release... annoying for those with a Series 4 I know!

I did all that as well, but no luck. I guess I'll just leave it be for now.

I did the same, but no luck for now. Not a big deal. Just an annoyance.

iltwtv

macrumors member
Jul 4, 2010
The watch app on my iPhone saw the update. I clicked through all the prompts, but it was stuck. After 2 hours of not even beginning to download, I searched online for a solution. Per this article: https://www.imore.com/how-download-watchos, I had to tap proceed on my watch (step 10) and it worked. I don’t recall having to do that before.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.