awaiting my macBook - a few questions

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by qwerty2k, Dec 27, 2007.

1. qwerty2k macrumors regular

Hi, i ordered a MacBook on the 21st, it says its due for delivery today and that its currently out for delivery (according to apples site), but the tracking code for tnt (who is delivering it) actually points to another persons delivery (since tracking on tnt's site says whatever that code points to got delivered on the 12th of december and to a completely different part of the country).

should i be concerned about this?

Couple of quick other questions since this will be my first ever Mac.

a) can i import all my saved passwords from Firefox (which i currently use) into Safari on the Mac?
    b) do you have to defrag Macs?
    c) any routine programs i should run when i get my mac? (ie, on windows spybot, adware etc).
    d) is it ok to leave it plugged into the power basically all the time or will it damage the battery?

thank you in advanced,

Scott

2. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

A.) You might be able to migrate your profile over to FireFox on OS X
    B.) No
    C.) None
    D.) I've done with every Mac I've owned.

3. qwerty2k thread starter macrumors regular

thank you for your quick and helpful response.

It was supposed to be delivered today (according to their estimated delivery date), its still not here and usually things by courrier get delivered by 11am where i live, so looks like i won't get it today.

Apples tracking system isn't very good though, it just says "In Transit to Customer - Shipment on Schedule" and as i said above their tracking code for TNT that they gave me doesn't work as its for a different (already complete) delivery.

Really disappointed :(, was really looking forward to getting my first ever mac today and messing around with it.

4. ZenErik macrumors 6502

If I noticed that the tracking number I was given wasn't right, I would contact Apple about that.

5. kg1984 macrumors member

Are you me? ;)

I'm at the same stage, with that "In Transit to Customer" bollocks, except I don't have a tracking code yet. My MacBook supposedly shipped on the Xmas eve, but the estimated delivery is not until the 9th January! I'm really hoping this will be revised downwards - the suspense is killing me.

6. qwerty2k thread starter macrumors regular

i received mine yesterday, well worth the wait, such a lovely piece of kit.