Awake from sleep issue

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by bLaZ3n, Oct 26, 2010.

1. bLaZ3n macrumors regular

I have a MacBook Pro..

Sometimes my macbook might fall asleep while opened, and when I try to wake it up it doesn't respond.. I can see the backlight on the keyboard light up but the screen isn't responsive?

My only solution when this happens, is to restart my MBP.
    :confused:

2. Constantine1337 macrumors 6502

Have you tried resetting PRam. Maybe even resetting SMC..
    To reset PRAM press and hold P+R+CMD+Alt on bootup until you hear 3 "dongs" then let go.

For SMC reset, while your MBP is shut off, press and hold the power button until the status light starts blinking (about 10 sec).

Check if the problem is solved.

3. bLaZ3n thread starter macrumors regular

4. pellets007 macrumors 6502a

pellets007

Same thing happened to me, but it hasn't happened this week. I reset the PRAM, SMC, and repaired disk permissions. Hope it helps.

5. MadHatter1000 macrumors newbie

A similar thing started to happen to me when I set the system prefs to give me a few seconds before having to type in a password after the screen saver starts. Here's the story:

In the System Prefs, under Security, there's an option that says "Require password ___ after sleep or screen saver begins." For the blank, you can choose "Immediately," in which case once the screen saver starts, you'll have to type in your password to get back into your account. Alternatively, you can tell it to wait a few seconds before requiring you to type in the password. That's good so that if you see the screen saver start, and you're sitting right there and still using the computer, you can touch the track pad to wake it up from screen saver.

However, there seems to be a bug: When I set it to wait a few seconds before requiring the password, it prevents the computer from going to sleep correctly. First of all, it doesn't go to sleep after, say, an hour of non-use, like it should. And it has problems with the sleep invoked by closing the laptop cover. So, if I close the cover, the computer sort of sleeps (goes into a coma), but won't wake up, and I have to reboot. My solution was simply to set the "Require password ___..." option to "Immediately."

Hope that helps with this or similar sleep problems...