Away from PC, need to retrieve data.

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by ennis002, Aug 16, 2010.

1. ennis002 macrumors newbie

I had an iPhone 3G, but it was water damaged. So I bought an iPhone 3GS yesterday. The problem is, the computer I had previously synced my last iPhone with is not with me at the moment (we are in the process of moving and my computer is in another state). This leaves me without any of my contacts/music etc... Is there a way to either, recover that information from my water damaged phone (some type of SIM card?) or be able to retrieve that information via the internet without manually hooking up my phone to that computer? Due to work, I will not be able to get back to that computer any time soon, but can get someone to go over there and do whatever needs to be done. I do not have Mobile mi, and both of my computers, the computer at old house and the laptop here with me are PCs. Please help :confused:

2. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

There is no way. You need the computer you synced, or you needed to have synced your contacts with some online source, like gmail. Contacts are not on the sim card for an iPhone.

3. ennis002 thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok, so...

That stinks, BUT, I can live without my music and all of that for a while, but I need my contacts. I have all of my contacts on my gmail, so how do I get them onto my new iPhone?