Awesome apple employee!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by freddy-b, Aug 26, 2011.

1. freddy-b macrumors regular

Hey!

I had a problem with my iphone's home botton it wasnt responsive sometimes...

So i decided to book an apple genius bar apointment.

When i got there i showed the apple employee my problem and he clearly noticed that my iphone was jailbroken. He said" i cant do anything if your iphone is jailbroken... I will be happy if we restore it. also it can be a software problem so we will update the software."

After some time of thinking.. He said 'let me check your warranty' my warranty had expired by 8 days.

I asked him what happens if its a hardware problem.. ( because of my warranty.) he said 'only 8 days have passed. So, i am more than happy to replace your iphone.'

So i said yes lets restore my iphone..

While the iphone was restoring we spoke about jailbraking and how awesome it was. Also... About steve jobs not being apple's CEO anymore.. He was clearly a realy awesome guy!

After the restore it still was unresponsive.

He was awesome enough to give me a new iphone.

I can just imagine going to another apple employee and him telling me that he cant do anything because its jailbroken and my warranty had expired.

I was much too lucky.:D
    Thank you apple employee;)

Freddy

2. macingman macrumors 68020

macingman

You're not the only one, I hear stories about this all around the world. Apple has really created a great customer experience with their level of service. I guess when you have tens of billions in the bank you can afford to be a little reckless (kind of) with handing out warranty replacements.

3. iFiend macrumors 65816

I have never taken an Apple product to a genius and not got the care and support I thought I needed. They are great.

Next time, restore your phone as new before you take it in! You were exceedingly lucky that he even serviced your jailbroken phone :eek:

4. vitzr macrumors 68030

vitzr

Apple makes a big margin, so they can do this & still come out on top. It's built into the price of the phone. They know how to make themselves look good. It's a smart strategy. Other companies do the same thing.

5. Kyotoma macrumors 68000

Kyotoma

Steve Jobs' greatest invention isn't any one Apple Product. It is Apple itself.

6. macingman macrumors 68020

macingman

When you quote someone you should say who you quoted. In this case John Gruber from Daring Fireball.

7. RobT macrumors 6502a

RobT

I've been to Apple Genius bar about six times. Every single time service has been exceptional.

The most recent time I explained that I no longer had the two-pronged power adapter for my MacBook Pro's power brick and wondered if I could just buy that part from him...and he went in the back, got me one, handed it to me for free and said have a nice day. Didn't check warranty or anything. Granted I buy a lot of Apple stuff but this commitment to service, even when it's my screw up that caused the problem will keep me buying Apple stuff for years.

8. iceterminal macrumors 68000

iceterminal

Its really nice to see a company that gives its employee's the power to make the company better.
    Go to BestBuy or many other companies and just see if you can get a customer service person to take something 8 days past warranty. They always will say no.

I'll pay extra for better service.

Another feel good story for the masses

9. iFiend macrumors 65816

pwned

10. antman2295 macrumors 6502

Too bad they couldn't be so nice when I came in with a broke home button and freezing screen on my iPod Touch :\ instead I was told it will cost me $150 to fix it, since I was no longer under warranty :(

11. cyks macrumors 68020

cyks

...and how far out of warranty were you?

12. Agent-P macrumors 68030

Agent-P

This is why I love Apple. Their customer service is great (most of the time since there is always that rare jerk genius that you can run into). You got really lucky that the guy was cool with the jailbreak.

13. macjock macrumors regular

14. astral125 macrumors 6502

I took my girlfriend's iPhone in when the screen was shattered to get it replaced. It was jailbroken, but not too obvious. The stock icons were changed so the genius couldn't find settings and I had to point it out. He didn't seem to notice the jailbreak even then, and replaced the phone for free.

:cool:

15. Cod3rror macrumors 68000

Cod3rror

That is not reckless, that is VERY smart business.

Being flexible and replacing a few products isn't going to break you, however by doing that you'll earn a customer's trust, loyalty and it's more likely the customer will be more willing to spend way more money on your products and spread a good word about you.

Apple is one of the few companies that really understands keeping the customer happy, and it correlates to their earnings, they deserve it.

16. f4ff macrumors newbie

I visited apple store few months back for the same issue, I think i was not lucky enough. The guy gave me some useless advise. But I decided to live with it, it still has home button problem. But i have kind of learned to ignore it.

17. eagandale4114 macrumors 65816

eagandale4114