Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BigGroll

macrumors member
Original poster
May 27, 2009
So I purchased the 27" the third day it was released... after the latest firmware update, I experienced some pretty bad flickering, screen wasnt yellow at all, and everything else worked beautifully.

I made an appointment at the genius bar to get it looked at. I calmly explained to the Genius that I was a student and simply couldnt afford to go without my Imac for any length of time. He hooked up my Imac and ran it through a series of tests, and of course, the Imac wouldnt flicker! He ran multiple programs simultaneously and it wouldnt flicker. Finally, after about 25 minutes of running 8-10 programs, it flickered a tiny bit.

He went and spoke to his manager, and they swapped it out on the spot! He took my Imac back, and handed over a brand new, unopened box. The new Imac is fantastic! I was very pleased with the service.

sjinsjca

macrumors 68020
Oct 30, 2008
I've had nothing but entirely, undiluted, staggeringly positive experiences at the Apple Store, the latest (which blew my mind) just tonight.

Nevermind the quality products. It's a quality company.

HLdan

macrumors 603
Aug 22, 2007
Instead of telling us, tell apple. Click the link at the bottom of your receipt!

No, this is the perfect place to tell a good story FINALLY of your experience with Apple. This forum has dedicated itself to negativity. It's great to hear that the OP had a great experience. The next time someone else needs to visit the Apple store for a repair they may not feel as apprehensive. :)

jsol92

macrumors member
Jan 27, 2010
That's why I love the Genius bar...
It's so hard to find good customer service in the technology industry.
If I had a dollar for every time I've had bad customer service with Verizon because of defective phone swaps I'd be able to buy another phone - although, it would probably be defective. I was on my 4th EnV2 before they decided to let me swap for another phone, and even then it took about a month of complaining for them to do it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.