AWESOME apple store experience with 27 inch Imac

Discussion in 'iMac' started by BigGroll, Feb 19, 2010.

1. BigGroll macrumors member

So I purchased the 27" the third day it was released... after the latest firmware update, I experienced some pretty bad flickering, screen wasnt yellow at all, and everything else worked beautifully.

I made an appointment at the genius bar to get it looked at. I calmly explained to the Genius that I was a student and simply couldnt afford to go without my Imac for any length of time. He hooked up my Imac and ran it through a series of tests, and of course, the Imac wouldnt flicker! He ran multiple programs simultaneously and it wouldnt flicker. Finally, after about 25 minutes of running 8-10 programs, it flickered a tiny bit.

He went and spoke to his manager, and they swapped it out on the spot! He took my Imac back, and handed over a brand new, unopened box. The new Imac is fantastic! I was very pleased with the service.

2. bruinsrme macrumors 601

bruinsrme

That was cool of them to swap out the defective product

3. lionheartednyhc macrumors 65816

lionheartednyhc

Instead of telling us, tell apple. Click the link at the bottom of your receipt!

4. JuanGuapo macrumors 6502a

JuanGuapo

Always nice to hear these types of stories....

5. mac88 macrumors 6502

6. sjinsjca macrumors 68000

sjinsjca

I've had nothing but entirely, undiluted, staggeringly positive experiences at the Apple Store, the latest (which blew my mind) just tonight.

Nevermind the quality products. It's a quality company.

7. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

No, this is the perfect place to tell a good story FINALLY of your experience with Apple. This forum has dedicated itself to negativity. It's great to hear that the OP had a great experience. The next time someone else needs to visit the Apple store for a repair they may not feel as apprehensive. :)

8. jsol92 macrumors member

That's why I love the Genius bar...
    It's so hard to find good customer service in the technology industry.
    If I had a dollar for every time I've had bad customer service with Verizon because of defective phone swaps I'd be able to buy another phone - although, it would probably be defective. I was on my 4th EnV2 before they decided to let me swap for another phone, and even then it took about a month of complaining for them to do it.