Awesome Battery Life!

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by friedmud, May 8, 2015.

1. friedmud, May 8, 2015
    Last edited: May 8, 2015

friedmud macrumors 65816

It seems like we always hear about people having poor battery life. How about a thread about awesome battery life?

I woke up early this morning to take my wife to the airport. Picked my Apple Watch up off the charger at around 5AM.

It's currently 11PM and I'm still at work and still using my watch... and it has 49% battery left (ok - just ticked down to 48% :) !!

I have a 42MM SS BSB. I have brightness on _high_ but everything else is pretty much stock. I have quite a few third party apps installed that I use regularly. I used my watch to pay for several things today and sent messages back and forth with my wife (she is traveling!) using Siri.

In total, I probably looked at 40-50 notifications on my watch today (maybe more now that I really think about it). I was looking at the weather quite a bit using Dark Sky. I set reminders and cleared out email.

According to the Activity app I took 12,000 steps walking a total of 6.66 miles today... so there was plenty of activity to track as well.

I used the hell out of this thing today!

~50% after ~16 hours is pretty awesome in my book!

Anyone else seeing great battery life?

2. g.t. rags macrumors regular

right on....

i get pretty decent battery life out of my 38mm....

i'm always reading emails and responding to texts off it, as well as i usually take 2 or 3 calls off it a day....

if i put it on at 8am and put back on the charger at midnight, I've been seeing 30-40% left....

3. friedmud thread starter macrumors 65816

I would say my average so far is about 30% when it goes on the charger. But of course I've been playing with it nonstop!

4. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

I'm super happy with the battery life. I no longer put the battery meter on my watch face as a complication. No need. Sure, I charge it nightly, but I have zero concerns whatsoever that I'll run out of battery power while I'm wearing it. I myself am far more likely to run out of power for the night before the watch does.

Put it on at 7am today. Have had it on all day without taking it off. Used it frequently to read texts and emails. Made a 10 minute call. It checks my pulse every 10 minutes. Middle brightness setting. Stood up when it told me to. And of course, checked the time frequently. It's now 11:40pm. Still has 42% battery left.

5. BillyTrimble macrumors 6502a

Very happy with the battery life. Worst I've got was about 30% left and that was on a day that I demoed it extensively to people at work. On a recent very busy day at work, when I didn't play around with the watch that much, ended the day at 50%. I'm at the point, I no longer worry about it and have removed the battery percentage complication from the watch faces I use.