iPad Awesome iPad Air 2

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Hello..., Nov 3, 2014.

1. Hello... macrumors 6502a

Hello...

I have had a new iPad it every single launch and I have to say the iPad air to was amazing and also very beautiful the colors and screen clarity on mine are Beautiful, no extra lines or Color deviation.

This is one of my best purchases yet from Apple

2. caz2906 macrumors newbie

I totally agree it's a lovely device. I got my 64gb gold cellular on Saturday and I haven't put it down since. The display is so sharp and bright compared to the air. The sound vibrates but not enough to taint the device quality. Definite update for the better

3. rojct20 macrumors member

Great iPad Air 2

Mine is great! With the Apple case, no vibration from speaker.

4. Closingracer macrumors 68020

I love the air 2 . I sold my air few months after buying it and went after android (still use them for phones ) but was disappointed with apps so when the air 2 came out I decided to buy the 128gb gold cellular model and couldn't be happier

5. eggersj macrumors 6502

eggersj

I love it also... def a step up in every aspect from the air 1.

6. XYpal macrumors newbie

I spent ridiculous amount of time on Air 2, now. I love everything about it: quality of screen, lightness, portability and its general "smoothness and comfort" when I use it. I have to learn how to limit time of IPad access otherwise I become some kind of Air 2 Zombie, soon. If anybody knows of Apps limiting access to IPad for 2-3 hrs a day, let me know.

7. insoc macrumors member

Did you find the iPad Air 2 now really allows you to use it with only one hand? For example, while reading a magazine with it (in portrait mode) or while watching a movie (in landscape mode)

I'm used to my iPad Mini but long for a bigger screen. I don't pretend the Air 2 to be as light as the Mini but confortable enough so I can do said thins with one hand.

Any opinions?

8. PRSGuitarist macrumors member

I was concerned about this exact thing. Went from a 2, to a Mini, to an Air 2. I've mostly held it in portrait mode so far, but I think it's a lot more usable with one hand than, say, my old iPad 2 was.

9. iamMacPerson macrumors 68030

iamMacPerson

I'm glad to hear all these awesome reviews! I'm planning to get mine in December or January, but I am hoping to pick one up online on Black Friday. This will be the first time I have bought a full-sized iPad new! Both my 1st Gen iPad and iPad 2 were Apple Refrubs, both my minis (1st and 2nd gen) were brand new.

10. insoc macrumors member

Excellent to read a comment from someone in my same situation. So you keeping the Air 2 seems that you now have found a good substitute for your Mini without regrets!

11. haruhiko macrumors 601

haruhiko

the 3-core CPU and 2GB RAM really changes everything, again.

12. GlenK macrumors 6502a

GlenK

Very glad to read this thread. I just ordered a 64g Silver Cellular from AT&T.

I was worried about the vibration deal but see it's not that big an issue.

13. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

Still not usable with one hand, but the dang thing is at least as light as my original mini!

14. highdefjunkie macrumors 6502

highdefjunkie

Absolutely love mine so much better than my ipad mini. The vibration doesn't bother me at all. I just wished I got the Space gray instead of silver. Been trying to exchange it at Best Buy, but 128gig Wifi/4G is impossible to find. (If I didn't get 10% off at BB I would return it and find it elsewhere)

15. macduke Suspended

macduke

Everything just screams on this bad boy. This is the iPad to get if you want it to last for years. The photos I edit in Lightroom Mobile look amazing on here. For many shots, I can get them looking 90% as good as I can on the desktop. For most of my non-professional family photos, that's more than enough. When I'm sketching there is no noticeable lag like there was before. I can be really quick with my strokes. I never really got to the point where I was drawing much on my Mini 2, but now that I have a pressure sensitive stylus and a larger working area, I'm going to be drawing a lot more on here. It seems to do a lot better when working with large canvases that have multiple layers. My favorite thing is probably Safari, which could rival the experience I have on my Retina MacBook Pro. It's so unbelievably fluid and actually holds tabs now. Other little things are also much faster, such as checking the disk usage. On my iPhone 6 Plus it takes several times longer for it to load, even though roughly the same number of apps and disk usage are present on both devices. I really do think this thing has a faster NAND chip. It seems like apps load a lot quicker. Overall this is hands down the best iOS device ever made by a long shot. Only complaints are some speaker vibration (not too bad), no 240fps video even though it seems like it should be capable, and no split screen multitasking (yet).

16. Eileen89 macrumors 65816

I feel the exact same way about my Cellular Gold iPad Air 2. I'm happy that Apple went with 3 color options this year.

17. Sharkey311 Suspended

Loving my iPad Air 2 in Gold. Just needing to get myself a midnight blue smart case

18. DougFNJ macrumors 6502a

DougFNJ

Couldn't agree more with this thread. I have the iPad 4 that my job gives me for work and had an iPad Mini for my personal use. The Mini was nice for the last 2 years until I got the iPhone 6 Plus. I was tempted to just sell the Mini and use my Plus full time. I read all of my newspapers, magazines, and books on the iPad. I zoomed in a lot on things on the Mini, and although I could read well on my Plus and can accomplish things easier with the larger plus screen, it is still not ideal for as much reading as I do. I went to the Apple Store to look at the Air 2 and after playing with it for almost half an hour I decided the form factor was large enough for a better reading experience, light enough to use for long periods. Comparing it to my work iPad, I am so impressed with the physical difference between the 2.

I went with the Space Gray 128GB LTE on Verizon and am looking forward to enjoying this for a good few years.

19. augustya macrumors 68000

augustya

So have you reached to a conclusion that iPad Air-2 is almost recommended slightly more than the iPad-Mini for almost all purposes ? I am sailing in the same boat, so need to decide. :)

20. DougFNJ macrumors 6502a

DougFNJ

Highly recommending the Air 2. The reason I had gotten the Mini was for portability, the previous generations before the Air were just big enough and heavy enough to make them not portable enough. What I'm finding with the Air 2 is comparable to my conclusion with the iPhone 6 vs Plus. The smaller versions are nice, but the larger versions fit my needs. The scaling down to the size and weight they got the Air 2 to made this the perfect iPad. I no longer have to zoom in on my reading materials, it's the size of a magazine. I would recommend going to the Apple Store and using the Air 2 and Mini side by side for a bit. That's what pushed me to get it. Of and Touch ID on the iPad is a huge bonus. :)

21. prism macrumors 6502a

This pretty much summarizes what I think of the Air 2. IMHO it is waaay better than the original Air which I had for about a year. The last iPad I enjoyed as much was the iPad 4 so with the Air 2 being way thinner, lighter and faster, I am a very happy camper.

22. Cavmclaren macrumors member

I had the ipad 2 when it came out and i felt it was a waste of money at the time i really didnt understand what it was for other than status so I end up selling it after a month.

I got the ipad itch again last year with the air and i fell in love. it seems like the air is what a tablet should have been from the beginning light and powerful.

Maybe I just didnt spend enough time in the store with the air 2 but im just not seeing how some are saying that its so much better than the first gen. the only noticeable difference to me is the touch id.

23. Mackinjosh macrumors 6502a

Really, what did it change? Do we suddenly have multitasking? My goodness the fanboy drivel around here is remarkable.

24. haruhiko macrumors 601

haruhiko

A quick search of your posts in these two months shows remarkable negative opinion for every Apple product too, except your own iPad mini retina.

Back to the topic, the Air 2's tech spec indicates a departure or significant upgrade from iPad 3-Air I.e. Dual core CPU with 1GB RAM to tri-core CPU with 2GB RAM, which is likely to be standard for iOS devices for the next 2-3 generations. In this sense, the Air 2 is like the iPad 2, with very long time support for iOS updates.

25. Rodster macrumors 68040

Totally agree with the above. The Air 2 basically operates and functions the same way as every other iPad, one app at a time while Android has moved on to multi-user and multi-app environments. It's the reason I saw no need to upgrade from my Air.

When the iPad begins to function differently than it has in the past (hoping the rumored iPad Pro) does the trick then i'll consider updating. As of right now the iPad is a stagnating platform with increments of improvements not everyone needs.