Awesome Macbook Pro Price

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by J-Dot, Nov 30, 2007.

1. J-Dot macrumors newbie

I'm looking into switching from a pc to a mac. I was going to wait until january when it looks like a updated macbook pro is going to come out but I found a 17" macbook pro at bestbuy.ca for $2099 (CAD). Heres the link:

http://www.bestbuy.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?sku_id=0926INGFS10090046&catid=22156&logon=&langid=EN

This seems like to good a deal to be true, so what I'm wondering is whether this is the current revision or a older model. The only reason I can see why this might be such a good deal is it comes with tiger not leopard.

Theres one in stock in a store near where I work so looks like I'll be getting it today.

2. RossoA macrumors 6502

RossoA

Hawt damn if only I was an American I would snap that bad boy up.

3. Megatron macrumors regular

Well it's got the nvidia 8600m gt so it's definitely the santa rosa model. That's a ridiculous price - $1000 off!

Too bad these aren't available for the US stores :)

4. ivan1234 macrumors regular

I think its a typo, I've seen awesome deals on futureshop.ca and a few days later they would send an email saying that it was a typo and they cannot offer to sell it at that price.

5. thagomizer macrumors 6502

Looks like it's only on the Canadian store. I can't find this product at BestBuy.com. In any case, it's an awesome deal, especially in $CAN.

6. FredAkbar macrumors 6502a

FredAkbar

7. J-Dot thread starter macrumors newbie

Looks like it was a typo, the price has now changed to $3099. Guess it was to good to be true.

8. scienide09 macrumors 65816

scienide09

Just looked at this. There are only two remaining in stock. I wonder if people were able to snag some at the wonderful prices.

9. Olufemi macrumors newbie

Wow you got my heart going for a minute there.
    I'm waiting until January myself but this would have been too good to be true. I suppose it certainly was.

Oh well, I think waiting until January for the bragging rights of having the most up-to-date MBP is worth it alone. hehe

GL!

10. mankar4 macrumors 6502a

mankar4

should've ordered it online before price increase....