Awesome new bag that charges your mobile devices on the go!

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by darthbane2k, Oct 15, 2012.

1. darthbane2k macrumors 6502

Found this at www.t-redz.com
    Its quite a spacious messenger bag that will charge your phone and tablet at the same time!

video here http://youtu.be/8Sewd-Wy7xo

Im willing to bite, but pre-orders start in november apparently.

2. darthbane2k thread starter macrumors 6502

Just emailed them, price to be confirmed but a promise it will be less than £50 at launch!
    What are your thoughts on something like this?

3. Ice-Cube macrumors 6502a

Ice-Cube

Basically its just a bag with a secret compartment for a large battery. I can do the same configuration with any other bags I have.

4. darngooddesign macrumors G3

To be fair it does have pass throughs built in so you can run cables between the different compartments. Its less obtrusive, but you are correct that you could DIY the same solution, albeit with less elegance.

5. Bobby.e macrumors 6502

6. darthbane2k thread starter macrumors 6502

Don't have best buy in uk anymore. However do you have a link?

----------

Yeah but who wants to take scissors to their bags ? It seems you can feed cable into any pocket so convenient for a variety of devices.

Furthermore I'm liking the space inside this thing. Seems it can fit a variety of devices and my books. Most messenger bags aren't that spacious.

7. maniacphoner macrumors regular

The function-ability maybe, the appearance of the bag is so unappealing. It reminds me of boxing gear brand. I guess it's the colors and the font;;

8. Apple fanboy macrumors P6

Apple fanboy

I have a tool for making eyelets. I got it from John Lewis a few years back as I had just bought an incar DVD player and the bag it came with had the same problem. No way to plug the charger in whilst strapped to the head rest. Didn't cost much and looks 100% professional.

9. darthbane2k thread starter macrumors 6502

Get the feeling it's aimed towards students. You know carrying books, laptop etc..

10. Ice-Cube macrumors 6502a

Ice-Cube

Yeah but my point is there is really nothing special about the bag. Its just a combination of bag + a large battery pack for charging. And it's not even an attractive solution at that.

11. darthbane2k thread starter macrumors 6502

Erm yeah but I can't be bothered with that. I'd just make a mess of that.

----------

Yeah but a bag is a bag, what do you expect it to do, sing and dance?!
    Main thing is capacity, dedicated pockets for my tech. The battery pack is just useful. If the price is right I don't see anything wrong with it, especially as most alternatives (eg Proporta) costs £100s.

We'll see when price is conformed I suppose.

I'm gonna ask them if other styles are in the pipeline.

12. Bobby.e macrumors 6502

Sorry it took me some time to get back to you. I guess they don't sell it anymore but here is their review site for it: http://reviews.bestbuy.com/3545/3645186/ful-powerbag-laptop-backpack-black-reviews/reviews.htm . I saw it in an actual store some time ago.

13. jcliden macrumors member

I agree. bag looks hideous imo.

14. darthbane2k thread starter macrumors 6502

Well the bag is shipping and I bought mine for £44.99 delivered with promo code (usually costs £59.99).
    It looks and feels a lot better in the flesh, it's really spacious and expands to almost double it's capacity when unzipped. The power function works as expected and the bag itself feels strong and can take a lot of weight.
    It's a good bag for college, it's styling is probably aimed more at students than let's say commuters.

Anyway website is http://t-redz.com (its also on amazon UK) and promo code for £25% off and free shipping is SAMMYFREEDEL15

15. tomjleeds macrumors 6502

Logo is pretty much the same as:

[​IMG]

16. leahswift macrumors newbie

Function sounds attractive but it looks like a pizza delivery bag................

17. maniacphoner macrumors regular

Yeah, that's what popped in my head as I was looking at the product :cool: