AWESOME- PC "Tune up" video- hilarious- it's why I got a mac!

Discussion in 'macOS' started by iansilv, Feb 24, 2008.

1. iansilv macrumors 65816

http://news.zdnet.com/2422-13569_22-176027.html

I had to post this- it cracks me up- this is why pcs suck. I was a huge pc user until leopard and i made the switch. I watched this video and it just made me laugh because this video demonstrates everything that is wrong with the pc.

Compare it to the mac videos. :D

2. techlover828 macrumors 68020

techlover828

I wish I had those 5 minutes back

3. JSchwage macrumors 6502a

JSchwage

"Make sure that your computer has plenty of hard drive."

English much? :p

4. iansilv thread starter macrumors 65816

I mean, the guy is using a whiteboard with a marker!

5. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

At first, since you said it was funny, I thought it was a parody.

This is sick, sick stuff. People BELIEVE that this is necessary.

Edit: watching the other one about phishing... the guy keeps stressing that your scans won't be run if your computer is off...... IF IT'S OFF, NOTHING CAN GET ON IT OR HAPPEN WITHIN IT. Also, "There are hundreds of pieces of spyware that are created every day. By following these simple steps, you can be safe..."

ATTENTION ALL PC USERS: By following this simple step, you can be safe: GET A MAC.

6. iansilv thread starter macrumors 65816

Hah! Gotcha! That's what is so hilarious- this video is not a parody- it's for real!

I used to do that crap- I used to tell people, "you gotta defrag your hard drive."

Now- I do something amazing- I just use my computer.

7. TJones macrumors regular

Yeah, that's the magic equation that finally convinced me. How much overhead does it take to keep a PC running Windows vs a Mac running OS X. Working in IT for many years now, the last thing I wan to is invest even more of my time tweaking and tuning my home rig. I still have it around for running games but I wish I had gotten a MBP instead of a MB.

8. dsnort macrumors 68000

dsnort

He forgot the OS re-install every 3 months,

A trip down memory lane. Bad memory lane.

9. Erwin-Br macrumors 6502a

Erwin-Br

Hey, I love my Mac's as any other around here, but I must own a very special PC or perhaps a super version of Windows XP, because I haven't formatted, defragged, or caught a virus since I've been using that machine. And I used it a lot!

10. MacBoobsPro macrumors 603

MacBoobsPro

11. andiwm2003 macrumors 601

andiwm2003

what's wrong with that?

12. TJones macrumors regular

I guess you might think that he would use something computery like say presentation software.

13. redshift20 macrumors member

Sigh.. laugh while you can I guess.

With the exception of Defrag, these are steps that can benefit a Mac as well.

You can make the argument that Mac's don't NEED antivirus/spyware software, but the day will come. OS X is less prone to malicious code, but it's not impenetrable by any means.

Anyway..

14. Quillz macrumors 65816

Quillz

Actually, I find it funnier that the idiots in this thread somehow think Macs don't fall victim to dust and fragmentation. Your precious Apple computer is just a PC with a pretty design, after all, and a different OS. Contrary to popular belief, and what everyone will argue in this thread, OS X can and will get fragmented over time.

15. cohibadad macrumors 6502a

cohibadad

I can't find my odometer so how do I know if my PC has 3,000 miles on it yet?

16. iansilv thread starter macrumors 65816

Watch the video. Think about it. This is the way the PC industry reaches out to users to teach them about PC maintenance. The humor has nothing to do with the specific argument that macs need defragmentation. The humor lies in the fact tat the kid is reading off of a bad script, using a whiteboard and markers, explaining to average Joe Dumeasse about defragmentation, and telling him to get more hard drive and video card.

Do you think some house wife is going to be able to search for "temp files" and delete them? The entire pc industry is out of touch and has been out of touch with the average user. That is why Mac is eating away at their driving base of new users- you know- the people that buy NEW computers that run Vista. Those users are who is important. Those users drive new sales. When they switch to mac, it is doubly damaging because now they will not be buying a new vista pc, and likely not switching away from a mac.