Awesome things friends/relatives have sold or thrown away...

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by sikkinixx, Oct 22, 2012.

1. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

I was chatting with my dad the other day and he was telling me that my grandpa came into possession of an old Vespa a while back and sold it to someone for a hundred bucks or so. Having wanted a Vespa for quite so time, my heart sank when I found that out.

It reminded me of about 10 years old my step-mom's parents sold a nearly new NES, complete in box etc. which had only been used maybe a half dozen times, at a garage sale for a mere $5. I nearly lost my mind that they would do such a thing.

My dad explained my grandma sold his collections of old toys and Asterix comics when he went to college etc. so I know he feels my pain.

Anyone else had things they would have loved to have tossed away or sold?

2. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

My uncle's father once owned a nifty little Hammond organ. He said I could have it, forgot about it, moved out and left it with the new owners. I hope they treat her well :(.

3. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

My dad gave away my PlayStation to my cousin between the time we moved out of our old house to the new. Who then came over on Christmas day, said, "Merry Christmas! Can I play on your PlayStation?" Then, "Oh yeah... I forgot your dad gave it to me."

Worst Christmas ever. I had been looking for it for months prior to that.

4. sigamy macrumors 65816

I'm a gadget nut so I'm always buying, then selling to upgrade, then buying. I regret selling a few things, like all the PDAs I've had and most recently a prosumer Panasonic camcorder.

Two years ago at a yard sale we sold a PlayStation 1 and ton of games. Then a year later my 11 year old decided he wanted to collect old video game systems. We both wish we still had the PlayStation.

But by far the biggest one is my father-in-law selling his Babe Ruth autographed ball. This ball was supposed to go to his first grandson. But, he needed the cash and sold it at auction. What's worse is that he had a local offer for a bit more than he ended up getting at the auction.

5. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

Mom threw away all my Star Wars toys/figures from back in the day. Had them ALL and they were just pitched out. Really miss the Millenium Falcon :(

Also threw away a lot of my trading cards, basketball/football/baseball. They're pretty much worthless now but 5-7 years ago I could've sold a lot of them and made a nice chunk of change.

6. designs216 macrumors 65816

designs216

My brother's neighbor gave him a house. My brother had one month to move it, otherwise it was his free and clear.

7. sikkinixx thread starter macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

That's a bit ice cold of your cousin :p