Awesome trip to Europe! Lost my MacBook Air :(

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by slipper, Oct 11, 2014.

1. slipper macrumors 68000

Nov 19, 2003
    Did an epic trip to Europe and returned last night to find my MacBook Air 2012 13" was missing. I don't think it was stolen. After a bit of brainstorming (while jet lagged and hopped up on sleeping pills) I've come to the conclusion I most likely misplaced it at the customs/TSA checkpoint at the SEA-TAC WA airport walking from terminal C towards terminal E, the checkpoint is somewhere along that way. It was a one hour layover between international locations so it was hectic getting thru customs and to the proper gate for the next flight on time.

I already filed a lost item claims form with Delta Air. And I've called the SEA-TAC WA airport TSA and they said since it's only one evening out and to call back on Monday or Tuesday. The lady I spoke to said any unclaimed items to to the Seattle Port Police so I might try calling them after a week. I also turned on "Find my iPhone" but no connection has been made yet.

I know I'm basically SOL on this one but did I miss anything? Will the person who found my old computer be able to bypass my lock screen and use it for him/her self as their own? Should I start changing all my credit cards and passwords?

Thanks for any help
  2. dazlicous macrumors 6502a

Jun 2, 2011

Can't you delete the drive and trace it from find my mac