Awful Bluetooth Quality - 2010 BMW 328 with iDrive

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mbhforum, Nov 5, 2014.

1. mbhforum macrumors 6502a

Since getting the iPhone 6 or ios8(can't recall) and since then the call quality over Bluetooth is awful. Full of static. I have re-paired and reset network settings but it hasn't helped. Is this a hardware issue? I am running 8.1 and it seems most Bluetooth issues were resolved but mine...

2. chilibball macrumors member

Hey, I have the exact same car (minus iDrive)!

Anyways, the Bluetooth module is located behind the headlight selector knob, is there any other wireless devices in your car? If you can, try pairing another phone to the car to see if the same issues occur. The Bluetooth computer, as well as the whole telematics system is located underneath your trunk. If you are in a DIY type mood you could take a look around there.

3. mbhforum, Nov 5, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2014

mbhforum thread starter macrumors 6502a

Awful Bluetooth Quality - 2010 BMW 328 with iDrive

I do use Automatic which used Bluetooth also...I wonder if that is the culprit

4. mbhforum thread starter macrumors 6502a

I confirmed it's Automatic causing the bad phone quality via Bluetooth. Their support confirmed it's a known issue but is blaming Apple's Bluetooth stack for the issues. I didn't have these issues with iOS7/iPhone 5s.

5. deeddawg macrumors 604

What is this "Automatic" you mention?

My iphone6 on 8.1 works fine in my 2010 335i with nav/iDrive, bluetooth audio quality is just fine.

6. mbhforum thread starter macrumors 6502a

https://www.automatic.com/

7. deeddawg macrumors 604

Neat. Thanks.

As you can imagine, googling the term "automatic" wasn't very helpful in figuring out what you meant. :cool:

(and definitely be very careful when searching for the website for Dick's Sporting Goods... :eek: )