Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sanderr

macrumors regular
Jun 14, 2007
what did you expect, a 12" powered woofer? Sound of the 13 inch models sucks, no way of getting around it.

macchiato2009

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 14, 2009
dude, i did mean bass like on normal speakers but still, the sound is supposed to be at least good

i had previous generations of MBP, never had problem before with the sound

:mad:

macchiato2009

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 14, 2009
indeed, just checked with apple, there is a problem with the speakers

thanks for the serious posts

and others for mocking (some of you have definitely time to waste instead of helping people)

Adubg

macrumors newbie
Apr 27, 2010
indeed, just checked with apple, there is a problem with the speakers

thanks for the serious posts

and others for mocking (some of you have definitely time to waste instead of helping people)

Yeah I had the same issue happen with me and my new MBP. The left speaker was shot as soon as I received it. Took it to the apple store and they hooked me up with a new laptop.

saxman1a

macrumors newbie
Aug 7, 2011
speakers

Hey guys I bought a MacBook Pro 13" in August 2011. I had the exact same problem. I would play a song on iTunes, it would sound great, then boom...cuts off no bass, and really low. Took it into the Apple store. They opened it up right in front of me. Low and behold, the tiny speaker connector was not all the way attached! Just a simple fix, and no problems thereafter. Just think how many of these they make a week. I would expect minor goofs.

Anyways, I hope you got your problems resolved, just thought I would share since it was relavent to this post. Thanks for everyone else that had advice. Its not very much fun when you buy a 1,200 laptop, and your ipad speaker sounds better....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.