Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TheStu

macrumors 65816
Aug 20, 2006
Carlisle, PA
yea, I get more and more perplexed by these things like Beryl and Awn on Linux. I mean, the dock is great, I like the dock. But is it really necessary to have a 3D bouncing spin with shadow and smoke effects on the dock? Or windows that wiggle when you move them, catch fire when you close them, and reconstruct themselves when you open them?

And then they brag about how awesome it is that they can do all that, meanwhile I actually get my work done.

SC68Cal

macrumors 68000
Feb 23, 2006
yea, I get more and more perplexed by these things like Beryl and Awn on Linux. I mean, the dock is great, I like the dock. But is it really necessary to have a 3D bouncing spin with shadow and smoke effects on the dock? Or windows that wiggle when you move them, catch fire when you close them, and reconstruct themselves when you open them?

And then they brag about how awesome it is that they can do all that, meanwhile I actually get my work done.

You know if Apple introduced it, you'd be singing a different tune.

TheStu

macrumors 65816
Aug 20, 2006
Carlisle, PA
You know if Apple introduced it, you'd be singing a different tune.

I don;t think that I would. Sure, lighting your closing windows on fire is cool for the first 3-4 times you do it, and then it rapidly loses its appeal. It's like the ripple effect in Dashboard, its cool looking, but completely useless.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.