AWS2 Hermes shipped, delivery 9/27

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by anthonymoody, Sep 22, 2016.

1. anthonymoody macrumors 68020

Just chiming in to say that it shipped and delivery was moved up from 9/30.

This is a 38mm for the mrs. Ordered around 630am on preorder day. The light red color, whatever they call it :)

2. pcall1128 macrumors 6502a

pcall1128

That's great! I ordered the 42 fauve, but I'd be surprised if it shipped even in the next 4 weeks(I ordered on the 13th). Hope she likes it, and Heres to hoping mine comes sooner!
    Phil

3. bunnicula macrumors 68040

bunnicula

I am soooo wanting to pull the trigger on a 42MM single tour Feu. Oy.

4. bmac4 macrumors 68040

bmac4

Good buy. The Hermès bands are just amazing. I am rocking mine with the Ceramic edition watch. Loving it. Thought about getting the new Etoupe Swift band as well. Not sure if I am throwing another $350 on another band. It looks amazing though.

5. pcall1128 macrumors 6502a

pcall1128

I just got the etoupe ST and it's gorgeous! I've been wearing it with my original SS. Your pics of the ceramic and the single tour look awesome, what a unique combo. Made me want to take the plunge on a ceramic, but my bank account can only take so much!
    I felt that way when the Hermés edition AW first came out, so happy I'm finally doing it :)

6. bmac4 macrumors 68040

bmac4

Thanks! I am loving the combo, and think the Etoupe ST would look amazing as well. I am going to end up pulling the trigger I bet. The only thing I wish we had with the edition is a special Watch face like the Hermès. That would have been awesome. I think the gold editions did, but no such luck for us. I guess we get a cloud colored sports band.

The Ceramic is so cool, and I like it because even less people have it then the SS. A little more exclusive I guess. Plus not many put the Hermès with it, so I really have made it my own. Thanks Apple and Hermès. You have broken my bank account.

7. drew0020 macrumors 68000

drew0020

I really want the Stainless Steel Case with Fauve Barenia Leather Single Tour Deployment Buckle, but you can't even order it on Apple.com. I think I may trade in my Ceramic Edition, because I am already seeing marks on the area where the bands connect to the watch (I've swapped out the Sport Band with the Blue Leather Loop) and cannot seem to clean these dark marks. I have been very gentle with the Edition.

8. yoomy macrumors member

I ordered a 38mm single tour on preorder day for my mom. Was supposed to arrive today according to apple and UPS but something went wrong, expecting it tomorrow.

9. anthonymoody thread starter macrumors 68020

Funny I just got an updated shipping notice that it's coming tomorrow 9/23 rather than the recently updated date of 9/27.

10. KPOM macrumors G5

Mine is arriving 9/26 instead of 9/30.

11. drew0020 macrumors 68000

drew0020

I hope you can both take some pictures of the Hermes watches that you receive. I can't wait to get mine!!

12. anthonymoody thread starter macrumors 68020

Strange - UPS is sending me emails saying it will now arrive today 9/23 even though the tracking itself says 9/26.

They even give me a delivery window for today.

We'll see!

13. KPOM macrumors G5

I got one but then it was corrected back to 9/26. Either works for me.

14. anthonymoody thread starter macrumors 68020

My latest email still says today, and I just got the email from Apple offering the concierge set up over the web. So Apple think's it's coming today :) I agree though that it's likely coming Monday since the UPS tracking itself still says that.

15. KPOM macrumors G5

I also got the concierge e-mail. I'm out of town Monday so will set it up Tuesday evening.

16. anthonymoody, Sep 24, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2016

anthonymoody thread starter macrumors 68020

More strange updates as of this morning. Got an email saying the new delivery date was Monday. However, the tracking itself now says it's going to get here today (saturday 9/24). Tracking also cites a late flight, and that they're trying to rectify. Says it'll be "today after the specified window" so we'll see...

My wife doesn't know it's coming so it's fine regardless. It's just strange to have such a jumble of info.

EDIT: It was just delivered, even though the tracking still says it's in transit between Queens and my local depot. UPS is farcked.

17. KPOM macrumors G5

Interesting. The Michigan Avenue store must have gotten one Double Tour Etain today as it is listed as available for pickup. Other models show November or even December pickup dates.
    --- Post Merged, Sep 24, 2016 ---
    Mine made it to Chicago but still shows a Monday delivery. You probably got lucky that the local depot included it with the Saturday deliveries.

18. anthonymoody thread starter macrumors 68020

I think you're right. The driver told me that they had "a ton" of deliveries that were supposed to have arrived yesterday so they're now scrambling to get them out asap. I'd say it's not impossible that yours is actually en route. The tracking didn't update after it left a regional depot - at all - until around 5 minutes after it was delivered. At that point, it showed as Delivered, with *no* updates in between.

19. KPOM macrumors G5

Just got an email that my Apple Watch arrived!

20. anthonymoody thread starter macrumors 68020

Nicely done :)
    Good to see UPS scrambling to make it right after missing yesterday.

21. bmac4 macrumors 68040

bmac4

Did you have the first gen?

22. KPOM macrumors G5

Yes.

23. bmac4 macrumors 68040

bmac4

Which one did you get this time?

24. Orien macrumors regular

Orien

Just saw Stanford (CA) Apple Store has a few Hermes models in stock. Reserved one for pickup today.

25. anthonymoody thread starter macrumors 68020

Gave it to my wife and she absolutely loves it. No pix at this time (sorry) but I will try tomorrow :) She loves the Hermes face, the red leather band, and the sport band as well. It's really beautiful.