AwS3 LTE question for the ones leaving there ph at home

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Resqu2, Oct 14, 2017.

1. Resqu2 macrumors 6502a

I have a watch ordered and I’m considering just using my watch & my Bose SoundSport Wireless headphones during my work day. I’m not on the ph a lot but need to be able to take calls for 8 hours as I’m in property/building maintenance, do lots of texting though. I usually go for a 5K run after work and would play music and track my run for these 30 minutes. How will the battery hold up?? Will my plan work?

With the IPhone X being very expensive and glass I’m hoping to at least leave it in my office during the workday and get away with just the watch. If it wouldn’t get me through a day then I’d probably not activate the LTE part. Thanks guys!

2. bruinsrme macrumors 603

bruinsrme

If I did a lot of texting I probably would consider carrying a phone.

3. KrisLord macrumors 68000

4. edhchoe macrumors 6502a

edhchoe

6to 7 hours without touching it.
    So no. Battery will die before your 8 hour shift is over if you text and take a call. You would have to work out without the watch after work.

If you talk on the phone for 5 minutes that costs about 9% of the battery.

5. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

Slightly off-topic, but I think many seem to be misconceiving the Apple Watch to be a primary device that would survive on its own for extensive calls and communication throughout the day. It doesn't have the battery life to for heavy usage with calls, ESpecially given signal. I think Apple wanted the first gen LTE to be able to be take the call when needed, but not With the intent of surviving with workouts and extended calls for 8 hours or more. At least by my uses, it's not their yet.

6. Resqu2 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Wow, that’s what I was wanting to know. I’m glad I ordered the LTE model but may not even activate it.