AWS3 Music Sync Song Count

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Fatyank, Aug 4, 2019.

1. Fatyank macrumors regular

Fatyank

I have a conflict between my watch and iPhone7 Plus. I created a playlist on my phone for my watch. I have 339 songs in the playlist. On the phone it shows that count. I’ve done the sync with watch overnight several times. When I go to settings>about on the watch it shows 125 songs. My music is shuffled so it is very difficult to scroll through the actual song list on my watch to tell if all my music transferred. I’ve added songs to that playlist on the phone but they are not syncing to the watch. On the phone in the watch app>my watch>music at top of the screen it constantly says “pending...”. I have “Heavy Rotation” and the other three options deselected. I read the Heavy Rotation will add songs it thinks I want to have on my watch. Does Heavy Rotation need to be on to sync my playlist???

2. Donnation macrumors demi-god

Donnation

Have you tried quitting the music app? That’s worked for me before. Hold down the side button until the power off appears and then let go of it. Then press and hold the Digital Crown. That will quit all open apps. Open the music app again and see if that fixed it.

3. Fatyank, Aug 4, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2019

Fatyank thread starter macrumors regular

Fatyank

Tried that, even did a reset. The songs are not syncing to the watch at all. I have 8.1gb of storage left on the watch so plenty there. At top of the screen on my iPhone in My Watch>music I now get the word updating then pending then back to updating so maybe it's working now

4. Shirasaki macrumors G3

Shirasaki

Heavy rotation does not need to be on to sync music. The key is music syncing is using Bluetooth 4.2 or 5.0, which means 1Mbps or 2Mbps transfer speed. Nobody knows why Apple decide to use Bluetooth even though syncing music requires Watch being charged.

There is a workaround to let your watch sync music using wifi. You can google it. Once started that way, syncing music will be a lot faster.