Aww... a baby Apple Store. How cute!

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
Burlington Mall, Burlington, MA.

I've been watching her grow... we're expecting a birth announcement soon. I've included a shot in utero. You can't see much yet, but, you know, ultrasounds and all. ;) I'll post shots of the birth ASAP.

iGary

May 26, 2004
Randy's House
jsw said:
Burlington Mall, Burlington, MA.

I've been watching her grow... we're expecting a birth announcement soon. I've included a shot in utero. You can't see much yet, but, you know, ultrasounds and all. ;) I'll post shots of the birth ASAP.
Good for you - seriously!

I've found our new Annapolis Apple Store, which is .45 miles from my house, is convenient for swapping cinema displays that blow up every three days. ;)

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
iGary said:

I've found our new Annapolis Apple Store, which is .45 miles from my house, is convenient for swapping cinema displays that blow up every three days. ;)
Yeah, this one's half a mile from work.

It goes nicely with the one 10 miles from home and the one 15 miles from home and...

devilot

Moderator emeritus
May 1, 2005
Abstract said:
What happened to those mini Apple stores that have around 200 square feet or whatever?
There are some... Oakridge Mall in CA is one such store. I feel like my twin sized bed is bigger. :p

barneygumble

macrumors 6502a
Apr 18, 2005
iGary said:

did your first 30 incher blow up :eek: i hope you weren't looking at it at the time :confused:

Aarow

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2005
Thats cool! I have 2 apple stores within 10 minutes of my house and there is Mall Of America, which is like half an hour away.

bursty

macrumors 65816
Jan 31, 2004
Abstract said:
What happened to those mini Apple stores that have around 200 square feet or whatever?
Theres a mini one here in STL, as well as a large one. The mini Apple store is worthless. They didnt even have any Powermacs or Powerbooks on display. Just a few iMacs and iBooks and the wall of software. :rolleyes:

iGary

May 26, 2004
Randy's House
barneygumble said:
did your first 30 incher blow up :eek: i hope you weren't looking at it at the time :confused:
I'm on display #3.

I noticed something in the Annapolis store today. Literally 1/2 of the store is devoted to pods.

barneygumble

macrumors 6502a
Apr 18, 2005
iGary said:
I'm on display #3.

I noticed something in the Annapolis store today. Literally 1/2 of the store is devoted to pods.
better luck with this one or have you only had it one day ;)

The apple centres in Australia seem to be mostly computer and software related, ussually nore than say 20% of the store i go too is ipod related, actually it is only one cupboard :)

chucknorris

macrumors 6502a
Jun 28, 2005
Moscow, ID (No Kremlin here!)
iGary said:
I, living in Idaho, don't have a store within easy driving distance, but did notice that about half of the San Francisco (Mission St?) store is reserved for iPod related stuff.

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
Very nice jsw, thanks for the pictures. Hopefully I can make it to the opening. Being a nurse I enjoy your description of the birthing process for the newest Massachusetts Apple Store. I would also like to meet you at the opening if you are willing.

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
barneygumble said:
better luck with this one or have you only had it one day ;)

The apple centres in Australia seem to be mostly computer and software related, ussually nore than say 20% of the store i go too is ipod related, actually it is only one cupboard :)
I'll echo BarneyGumble's observation, but I'm going to estimate that approximately 10 - 20% of the Apple reseller close to my home is devoted to iPod stuff.

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
wdlove said:
Very nice jsw, thanks for the pictures. Hopefully I can make it to the opening. Being a nurse I enjoy your description of the birthing process for the newest Massachusetts Apple Store. I would also like to meet you at the opening if you are willing.
Oh, absolutely!! I will be there. I'll just keep looking up until a tall man enters my field of view, and I'll assume that's you. ;)

bartelby

macrumors Core
Jun 16, 2004
The Apple Store in London seems to be 25% iPods and 25% iPod accessories!

But I do like the fact that they have a huge display window with 1 iPod Nano and a banner.

Chundles

macrumors G4
Jul 4, 2005
Abstract said:
I'll echo BarneyGumble's observation, but I'm going to estimate that approximately 10 - 20% of the Apple reseller close to my home is devoted to iPod stuff.
Yeah, mine's one cupboard of iPod and one rack of accessories and the rest is computers and software - they even have a PowerMac and a 30" in the front of the shop where you walk in - it's awesome.

They still have iPod minis in there too - most of the shops around here do, they're selling them alongside nanos.

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
jsw said:
Oh, absolutely!! I will be there. I'll just keep looking up until a tall man enters my field of view, and I'll assume that's you. ;)
That would be awesome. You have a good memory. Thanks for bring a nice smile to my face. Maybe we could do coffee?

leftbanke7

macrumors 6502a
Feb 4, 2004
West Valley City, Utah
Aplle just needs to hurry up and get the damn Salt Lake store up and running. All the Apple Authorized Resellers here are dumb *****s (such as the manager of one who looked at me like absolute bewilderment when I told him I was going to put a video card from a B/W G3 into my Beige G3). Plus I am hoping they are going to give out grab bags on the first day.

paleck

macrumors 6502a
Apr 11, 2005
with the Tequila!
leftbanke7 said:
Aplle just needs to hurry up and get the damn Salt Lake store up and running. All the Apple Authorized Resellers here are dumb *****s (such as the manager of one who looked at me like absolute bewilderment when I told him I was going to put a video card from a B/W G3 into my Beige G3). Plus I am hoping they are going to give out grab bags on the first day.
No kidding, I've been waiting for them to open or announce or something regarding the SLC Gateway store.

w_parietti22

macrumors 68020
Apr 16, 2005
Seattle, WA
I can't wait till another Apple Store opens up in Washington! That will be so cool! I missed out on the Tiger Release so I hoping to go to something Apple. (Where I can win something! :D )

PS- I'm typing on my moms 17" PB... wow, this screen is huge! :eek:

puckhead193

macrumors G3
May 25, 2004
NY
first where is burlington from milton?
Second, any idea on dates for the opening, cause if its a weekday puckhead isn't going to class.... :p

ScruffyTheMac

macrumors regular
May 21, 2005
Massachusetts
Burlington Mall . . .

. . . three miles from work. This isn't going to be good for my bank balance. Lunch at Legal Seafood followed by Apple shopping.

:cool:

puckhead - there are other Apple stores closer to Milton than Burlington (Chestnut Hill and Cambridge).

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
ScruffyTheMac said:
. . . three miles from work. This isn't going to be good for my bank balance. Lunch at Legal Seafood followed by Apple shopping.
Sadly, both visits would cost about the same. ;)

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
wdlove said:
That would be awesome. You have a good memory. Thanks for bring a nice smile to my face. Maybe we could do coffee?
With coffee, there is never a "maybe".... ;) Of course we could do coffee!