Axio hardsleeve for Macbook 2011?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Canosoap2, May 26, 2011.

1. Canosoap2 macrumors newbie

Hey all, me here to bug you with another question.

So I've been looking for a hardsleeve to put my precious, valuable macbook pro(15.4" 2011). Something that would fit nicely in my bag and stop it from getting squished by my ton of books(also in my bag), and all the other knocks that my MBP could potentially suffer while being carried etc.(I'm clumsy as all hell).

Eventually I decided that I want an AXIO Hardsleeve for macbook pro:
    http://axioluggage.com/hardsleeve15.html

but there's one problem:
    "NOT COMPATIBLE WITH THE NEWLY RELEASED MACBOOK PRO" D:

does anyone know why the supplier would say this (even though most macbook's are virtually the same in physical specifications)? and does anyone know anything about possible good hardcase releases from axio/ other manufacturers?

any help appreciated thanks:D

2. ddeadserious macrumors 6502a

ddeadserious

In the demo photo, it shows a non-unibody MacBook Pro. Perhaps this sleeve is only for that, and the "NOT COMPATIBLE WITH THE NEWLY RELEASED MBP" was typed in 2008 when the first Unibody design was released.

That being said, your best bet is to contact Axio.

3. codymac macrumors 6502

I called Axio when the unibody came out and they flatly told me they weren't update them for the new design.

Shame since I would have already have bought at least two of them.

I keep hoping they'll change their position.

eta: I've been using Booq Vypers in the meantime.

4. Canosoap2 thread starter macrumors newbie

What are the Vypers like, cody? are they very shock absorbent/ would it shell the mbp well in a bag full of books?

5. Canosoap2 thread starter macrumors newbie

It probably was. you would have thought they would have updated the line by now:it's been what, ~3 years since the last non unibody was sold retail?

6. bilbo--baggins macrumors 6502a

I was impressed with the Axio hardsleeve for the White MacBooks and in 2008 when I got the 15" unibody decided not to wait and got a booq vyper. I've been very happy with the vyper, and very glad I didn't wait for the axio.

I assume the axio hardsleeves must have sold poorly (they were expensive) so they decided not to make them anymore. I presume they're still struggling to sell stock from 2007...