Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mikeee

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 27, 2010
im wondering if anyone lives in Socal, Cali and is planning to return their iphone 4 to the apple store for any other reasons than a camera issue because my camera has a purple hue to it and i can't go to apple for it because im jailbroken/unlock on tmobile and plus i dont have at&t contract so they wont activate the new phone if they were to give me one, so im asking if any of you guys are returning your iphone 4 for a different one, could you please help me out and swap camera device with me if yours is working perfectly since you would be returning the iphone 4 for some other reason already, help would be thankful. Moderator move this if this is not in the right section, idk where this would go.

mikeee

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 27, 2010
please private message me if you do and will help me on that favor.

navigates

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2008
I'm in S.Cal. but I doubt you'll get any one's help. Swapping the camera device would require opening up the iphone. And these units have a tamper broken seal. If opened, Apple would know instantly.

mikeee

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 27, 2010
actually, the screws to change the camera has no seals, i have opened mine up. and its only the main motherboard screws that have the white seal over it. can anyone please help me? if you're going back to the apple store to exchange your iphone.

mikeee

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 27, 2010
It's cool, it was worth a try. I'm going to bite the bullet and go to apple and see what they will say.

F123D

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2008
Del Mar, CA
Goodluck. I've gotten better success when scheduling appointments first thing in the morning while it's still quiet and the employees haven't been bombarded with questions and requests all day.

iPhone-power

macrumors 6502a
Nov 12, 2009
All iPhones have a one year warranty. And Apple doesn't care if you have a cell account or with whom.

If the camera has malfunctioned and isn't water damaged, you should get a replacement no problem.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.