Azureus 2.5.0.0 Released!

hob

macrumors 68010
Original poster
Oct 4, 2003
London, UK
I switched back to Azureus recently, just because it handles torrents better, in terms of queing and not overloading my connection.

Only problem is, it would never open a .torrent file from the finder, or anything for that matter - you had to drag it in.

All this is fixed with the new Azureus 2.5.0.0!!

Available here!!

:D

spicyapple

macrumors 68000
Jul 20, 2006
Downloaded torrents to my desktop would be automatically opened by Azureus and the file trashed so it's all automated. That's what I like about Azureus... no fuss no muss piracy. :)

I checked the update just 2 hours ago and it was still a release candidate. Cool they got it released as a final so soon. Updating now. :)

fistful

macrumors 6502a
Mar 29, 2004
Socan
hob said:
Only problem is, it would never open a .torrent file from the finder, or anything for that matter - you had to drag it in.
That's odd, I don't recall ever having to drag and drop the torrent into the app, I'd just double click on the files icon within finder and it would open right up.

Downloading now! :D

ssindelman

macrumors newbie
Feb 20, 2006
Brooklyn, NY
Is there a 2.5.0.0 for Intel?

Is the 2.5.0.0 version at the link for PowerPC only or Intel as well?

I ask because the Intel Wiki link doesnt have 2.5 listed.

treblah

macrumors 65816
Oct 28, 2003
ssindelman said:
Is the 2.5.0.0 version at the link for PowerPC only or Intel as well?

I ask because the Intel Wiki link doesnt have 2.5 listed.
I just restarted my client (Intel) and was greeted with the automatic update to 2.5.0.0.

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
hob said:
Are you sure about that? I had issues on both platforms!
Hmm, I'd never had the problem on PowerPC and always had it on Intel, so I assumed that it was a processor-related issue.

Kernow

macrumors 65816
Sep 30, 2005
Kingston-Upon-Thames
Nermal said:
Hmm, I'd never had the problem on PowerPC and always had it on Intel, so I assumed that it was a processor-related issue.
It never worked for me either on PPC.

Downloading the new version now, so hopefully this will fix it.

quigleybc

macrumors 68030
Bit W00t!

Can I just say how happy I am that this is out!

I have to use Az for the majority of sites out there...and the older version was so messed up for me.

I could never get the pop up windows to close, and I could never get it to quit, I always had to force quit.

With this update all those issues are fixed....!!

This is so great...!

Eidorian

macrumors Penryn
Mar 23, 2005
Indianapolis
Nermal said:
No, that hasn't been necessary for a while now (for my system, at least).
I downloaded 2.4.0.2 two weeks ago and I still had to get that special version of Azureus. I'll try to see if 2.5.0.0 launches properly.

Kernow

macrumors 65816
Sep 30, 2005
Kingston-Upon-Thames
apfhex said:
Nor did it ever work for me. Appears to work now though! Also looks like the interface is improved a little more (proper OS X columns).
Plus, the whole thing seems snappier™

I had a look at the what's new section & it specifically states that, for OSX, opening via the finder is a new feature in this version. I thought it was just a bug that it didn't do it before, but apparently not.

tvguru

macrumors 6502
Apr 29, 2005
Kenora, ON Canada
Kernow said:
Plus, the whole thing seems snappier™

I had a look at the what's new section & it specifically states that, for OSX, opening via the finder is a new feature in this version. I thought it was just a bug that it didn't do it before, but apparently not.
Mine used to work on my iMac G5. Then I bought my mbp and it never worked. So who knows? Only thing that matters is that it works now.:cool:

sulhaq

macrumors regular
Jul 29, 2006
woohoo 2.5!!!!!.....and it still slows my web browsing to the worst case of dial up.

Makosuke

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2001
The Cool Part of CA, USA
sulhaq said:
woohoo 2.5!!!!!.....and it still slows my web browsing to the worst case of dial up.
You probably have the upload (or download) cap set to a number too close to the speed of your internet connection. That'll guarantee horrible performance, since there's no bandwidth left for browsing or whatever.

I've noticed that on high-latency connections (cable modem) you need a pretty big gap to make it work smoothly. When I switched to a very low-latency DSL connection, I could push closer to the connection speed without affecting things.

sulhaq

macrumors regular
Jul 29, 2006
I always have the uploads capped at 10-15 kbps, I admit I've never capped my download speed though. Thanks gonna try that.

~Shard~

macrumors P6
Jun 4, 2003
Great news, thanks for the head's up - Azureus is my torrent client of choice! :cool: I'm still on a PPC Mac so I assume everything will work just fine...