Azureus & AirCards

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Bill Ding, Aug 11, 2007.

1. Bill Ding macrumors newbie

Hi --

First time poster. I am a novice Mac person, so please bear with me. I consistently am receiving yellow-face status on downloads and uploads using Azureus. I connect using an AT&T USB AirCard if that makes any difference.

How can I change this?

Cheers.

2. killerrobot macrumors 68020

killerrobot

You probably need to go into the admin of the Airport router, and make sure you have port-forwarding open on the port that you're using.

To get more detailed info, inside of Azureus double click the yellow face and it should bring up a wikipedia page for Azureus.

3. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Wait, if you're using an AirCard on USB, there is no router involved, right? Then it is the OS X software firewall and not the router that is the issue. This page in the Wiki discusses opening software firewall ports.

4. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

Just curious, and a bit OT, but why use Azureus and not Transmission? Just asking 'cos you're a noob and may not have heard about this great client :)

Transmission offers selective downloads, prioritising and is a MUCH lighter app than Azureus...

5. killerrobot macrumors 68020

killerrobot

My bad. The whole aircard thing went over my head, so yes it probably is just the OSX firewall.

6. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

There's a more detailed discussion of which torrent client to use here... I don't know too much about that. Make sure you read page two, since it seems that there's a fairly substantial shift in what people thought was best in 2005-2006 and what people like now. :)