Azureus - Can I select which part to download?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by hamsterburger, Dec 9, 2007.

1. hamsterburger macrumors member

I just downloaded Azureus. It seems strange and bloated but I guess I'll get used to it.

Anyway. If I download a torrend that consists of 10 files and I already have some of them, is there a way to select only the ones I want and not download the ones I don't need?

2. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

I don't use Azureus, but I know you can do this (I don't know how though)

I greatly recommend Transmission though, which can do this, is much simpler, and is not bloated :)

3. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

When you add a torrent to the program a window appears which lists various things such as where to save it to and a list of the files included in the torrent. In this window select only those parts that you want. If you have already added the torrent double click on it and then navigate to the "files" tab here you can ctrl+click on the separate files and select do not download.

re:Transmission it is far too simple if you are used to the power and flexibility of Azureus and while Az is a tab bloated the feature set it encompasses is huge in comparison to Transmission.

4. hamsterburger thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the quick reply!

Ok, I'm new to this program so bear with me:)
    In the main window, (the one that has the vuze logo and pointless videos with pretty ladies to the right) I can se box called "currently downloading" It shows the name of the download with media info, size and progress. I can not double click it. Only option is to right click and "open in finder"

Could you explain exactly how i am to open up the torrent and select what to get?

Thanks

5. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

Oh you are using the Vuze version, uh then it is bloated, they should never have added that crap to it.

I am using a different version, I believe to get to the window situation I am describing you have to press cmd+1

6. hamsterburger thread starter macrumors member

Hm. Nope. Can't get to any other windows. I donloaded it cause it was supposed to have so many features, but i cant seem to do anything more than basic downloading and browse the vuze "features"

Ill give it some more trying and if i cant get it to work ill uninstall it and get another bittorrent client.

7. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

I just downloaded the Vuze version and to get to the advanced features you can press the "Advanced" tab over on the far right of the window or View - Advanced.

8. hamsterburger thread starter macrumors member

Boy am I slow! I didnt notice that the "advanced" tab had a "my torrents tab" hidden behind it.

Thanks guys. You've really been helpfull:)