Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Supreme

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 18, 2008
Here's what I'm running:

24" iMac 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
Mac OS X Version 10.5.2
AirPort Extreme connected through ethernet cable
Azureus 2.5.0.4

I have very low speeds and Azureus shows that I'm "Firewalled"... I've done some heavy googling but haven't found a solution. I tried opening two different ports through the AirPort Utility to no avail. Maybe I'm doing something wrong. Anybody encountered this problem and if so how did you get past it? Any help would be appreciated as I am not to familiar with how to open/close ports properly etc. Thanks.

BTW, I originally was using the newest Azureus 3.0 but did not like it and had the same problem(s) anyway, so it's not the version of Azureus (I don't think).

solidgoldmini

macrumors regular
I would recommend a program called Lighthouse by codelaide software. I purchased it a while ago and I find it invaluable. It basically handles port forwarding for you automatically, and it can open and close ports depending on what program you open. I have mine set to open the ports necessary for Azureus when it opens. I use mine with my Airport Extreme, and it really is easy. I don't know if an application is the way you'd like to go, but I highly recommend it.
(I am in no way connected to the company, and do not profit whatsoever from their success. I am just thoroughly impressed with this little piece of software, and would like to spread the word.) :)

karenflower

macrumors 6502a
Dec 7, 2007
I would recommend a program called Lighthouse by codelaide software. I purchased it a while ago and I find it invaluable. It basically handles port forwarding for you automatically, and it can open and close ports depending on what program you open. I have mine set to open the ports necessary for Azureus when it opens. I use mine with my Airport Extreme, and it really is easy. I don't know if an application is the way you'd like to go, but I highly recommend it.
(I am in no way connected to the company, and do not profit whatsoever from their success. I am just thoroughly impressed with this little piece of software, and would like to spread the word.) :)

Thankyou for this suggestion! I've been having trouble with port forwarding for Transmission, and this has fixed it completely. Great app.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.