Azureus Id3 Tag Help

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by youresotrendy, Jul 10, 2007.

1. youresotrendy macrumors newbie

Hey I'm new and I searched the forums but couldn't find anything on this.
    I use Azureus for torrent sharing and recently I've been having a lot of problems with the same error of my files being "corrupted", followed by Azureus re-downloading the torrent I already have. I've read on other forums that itunes automatically rewrites the id3 tags, which causes the files names to be inconsistent. The torrent community I'm a part of requires users to maintain good ratios. Because Azureus keeps re-downloading the files, I'm in jeopardy of having my ratio lowered too much and getting booted.
    Is there any way to stop itunes from rewriting the tags?

2. WinterMute Moderator emeritus

WinterMute

iTunes rewrites the ID3 tags specifically to make piracy more difficult. If you are up/downloading copyright free file (i.e. your own recordings) I suggest you use a different MP3 encoder.

If you are up/downloading for the purposes of piracy, you'll get no help here.

Just a note to remind posters that the discussion of how to pirate copyright material or where to obtain such material is forbidden on MacRumors, and such discussion will be deleted.

Discussion of the Torrent systems and Apps is not banned per se as there are legal uses of torrents.

Please limit your discussion to apps and avoid discussing piracy.

3. Cromulent macrumors 603

Cromulent

Just copy the files and have iTunes use the copied files. Problem solved. As for stopping it, I have no idea.