azureus with leopard?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by superspud, Jan 7, 2008.

1. superspud macrumors regular

I read on the os x section that there may be some complications running azureus with leopard... can this be confirmed?

I use this program with my torrents currently with tiger and would REALLY like it to work with leopard... any ideas?

2. subwire macrumors member

I use it 24/7 and im running leopard with no prbs

3. superspud thread starter macrumors regular

interesting.. b/c its on the list of applications with "major problems" with leopard in the other section....

this is good news. i would REALLY like to be able to use azureus

4. theman macrumors 6502a

when i first started using it with lep, i was getting tons of kernel panics locking and crashing. now the only prob is that it sometimes becomes unresponsive when you try to quit it. i try not to do too much with my mbp while it's running.

5. superspud thread starter macrumors regular

yeah thats what i was afraid of... but you said now its running smoothly? did you have to do anythign or did it just stop with the kernal stuff?

6. NY-Boy macrumors newbie

I got it running on my Imac and macbook, both running leopard, and i have only had one kernel panic and lock.
    I have been told that if you have it running in its own space it is stable, dont know this for sure as i have not tried.

7. kolax macrumors G3

Only problem is it never quits, and sometimes causes a kernel panic if left on for a long period of time (8+ hours).

Aside from that, seems stable for torrents and I get very high d/l speeds.

8. superspud thread starter macrumors regular

bare with me here, im new to this stuff, but what is a kernal panic? that sounds rather bad....

9. TimJim macrumors 6502a

i run Azureus almost 24/7 on my MBP 10.5.1 and i have no problems

10. stainlessliquid macrumors 68000

the Mac equivillent of a windows blue screen

azureus works exactly the same for me as it did in Tiger

11. m1ss1ontomars macrumors 6502

No, you can strip on your own. :p

What you meant was, "bear with me here....what is a kernel panic?" Note that kernel is spelled kernEl.

12. cubbie5150 macrumors 6502a

Been running Azureus 2.5.x ever since Leopard came out (& updated to 10.5.1) w/ no problems....

13. fuzzydave macrumors newbie

I've just bought a MacBook Pro and has been running quite smoothly for a few days, but now I keep getting Kernal Panics! I noticed azureus was open at the time, and happened only when I was working with azureus.

What is the best way to check this is the problem? Are there any other programs out there that don't cause this.

I'm worried its not azureus but hardware instead. Is there anyway to find out?

14. Keytachi macrumors regular

i run it 24/7 and never had any problem, runs as smooth as ever

15. Eric Sadoyama macrumors newbie

I had this problem too. Over a year running Tiger with zero kernel panics -- then, after installing Leopard, several kernel panics a day. I stopped using Azureus and switched to Transmission, and have not had any problems since.