[B][/B]Aperture 3 vs Photoshop Elements 12[B][/B]

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Dg8r, Mar 6, 2014.

1. Dg8r, Mar 6, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2014

Dg8r macrumors newbie

I have done a search and could find nothing newer than 2008. There have been many changes in the last 5+ years. Do any of you wonderful members of MacRumors have experience with either or both of these two softwares and would you Please give me your opinion of which is best for editing pictures.

I will be making my purchase (the full Photoshop is out of the question financially) in the next couple days.

I have been asked to take class pictures for a church school I am associated with and will be wanting to edit the pictures, removing stray purses, bare tummies, etc, and maybe replacing a face that is not looking the proper direction or not smiling.

Any opinion will be considered in making the final decision.

Thank you all.

2. Robert Davies macrumors 6502

Robert Davies

For what you have indicated, Elements will do the job.

If you have a hankering for even more flexibility, Elements Plus unlocks many hidden features in Elements.

http://elementsplus.net

3. Dg8r thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you for the response. Do you happen to know if there are any glitches with Elements running on Mavericks?

I am, by the way leaning towards Elements because I have been using it on my PC for many years.

4. glenthompson macrumors 68000

glenthompson

In this case, Elements is your best choice. While Aperture is a good photo editor, it's true power is in it's photo management. It organizes your photos so toucan find what you need easily.

I don't use Elements but haven't seen any posts mentioning problems.