B&H Photo MBP sale question

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by rediffusion, May 15, 2017.

1. rediffusion macrumors regular

rediffusion

B&H Photo are currently offering $200 off a 15" MacBook Pro with Touch Bar
    This offer expires at midnight tonight but I am not quite ready to purchase yet. Do B&H have discounts like this often? I am hoping to have the money next week but don't want to miss out on the offer. Are they likely to do something similar again soon?

Many thanks,
    R ;)

2. ph001bi, May 15, 2017
    Last edited: May 15, 2017

ph001bi macrumors member

You will always get those kind of offers. The best is to track discounts daily.B&H, Adurama or Best Buy always have some some deals going on.
    I bought a 13 incher without touchbar for $1249+$80 tax= $1329 from Best Buy last month.
    They had a $250 off offer on the 13 inch.

3. Gav.Winters macrumors member

$200 off a top of the line MacBook really isn't that much, there might not be anything next week but keep your eyes peeled and you'll find a comparable deal somewhere.

4. rediffusion thread starter macrumors regular

rediffusion

@ph001bi , @Gav.Winters , @ApolloBoy - Thanks for all the replies.
    One of the reasons B&H works for me is I won't have to pay tax as they don't have a store in my state. I think I might hold on and see if something better comes along as I don't have the money yet to make the purchase. Any other deals on a 15" MBP (2.7GHz Processor, 512GB) would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,
    R ;)

5. Spink10 Suspended

Spink10

We will see more and more deals as the 2017 rMBP approach release - or at least speculation of their release.

6. campyguy macrumors 68040

A couple of nits to pick with the sales tax bit. OP, you're profile states Brooklyn; I'm from the Island and have shopped at B&H for years, in-store when I'm in The City and online as I love their CS - they collect local sales tax for NY purchases, both in-store and online for NY/NJ residents (I think the NYC store collects 8.875% and they opened a fulfillment center in NJ a few months ago). For those not in those two states, you're still supposed to pay your state's use tax - Amazon "collects" the tax for your resident state, Fry's pays the state tax for some but not all items, and you're still supposed to pay your due to your state…

That written, do check out Fry's daily deals - a lot of their "discounts" have elevated to $250-300 in the past couple of weeks. AppleInsider is also a nice portal for discounts, they've a few web pages dedicated to deals with several authorized resellers (including B&H).

7. rediffusion thread starter macrumors regular

rediffusion

Well spotted! I actually moved to CT recently and forgot to update my location (just did it!). Thanks for the tips about Fry's and Apple Insider – I'll check them out.

8. DualShock macrumors 6502

Slickdeals is another site I follow, they are one of the most popular deal sites online.

And yes I've see deals come and go pretty frequently from B&H.

9. Gasu E. macrumors 601

Gasu E.

I'm not sure what "CS" stands for, but here's the list. Having been to B&H myself many times, I have already eliminated Cyber Sex and Christian Surfers.

http://acronyms.thefreedictionary.com/CS

10. rediffusion thread starter macrumors regular

rediffusion

:)
    I'm guessing customer service

11. Gasu E. macrumors 601

Gasu E.

Thought about that, but I liked typing "Christian Surfers" in a thread about a store staffed by Lubavitchers.

12. Morris Hersko macrumors newbie

Morris Hersko

I just came across this thread, so it may be too late for the OP. But for the future, yes, there generally is a way to lock in the discount if the item will be purchased in the next few days. Please email me at morrish@bhphoto.com and I'll be happy to help.