B&H Photo MBP sale question

rediffusion

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 26, 2006
Fairfield, CT
B&H Photo are currently offering $200 off a 15" MacBook Pro with Touch Bar
This offer expires at midnight tonight but I am not quite ready to purchase yet. Do B&H have discounts like this often? I am hoping to have the money next week but don't want to miss out on the offer. Are they likely to do something similar again soon?

Many thanks,
R ;)

ph001bi

macrumors 6502
May 26, 2015
London
You will always get those kind of offers. The best is to track discounts daily.B&H, Adurama or Best Buy always have some some deals going on.
I bought a 13 incher without touchbar for $1249+$80 tax= $1329 from Best Buy last month.
They had a $250 off offer on the 13 inch.

Last edited:
Reactions: rediffusion

Gav.Winters

macrumors member
Nov 15, 2016
$200 off a top of the line MacBook really isn't that much, there might not be anything next week but keep your eyes peeled and you'll find a comparable deal somewhere.

rediffusion

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 26, 2006
Fairfield, CT
@ph001bi , @Gav.Winters , @ApolloBoy - Thanks for all the replies.
One of the reasons B&H works for me is I won't have to pay tax as they don't have a store in my state. I think I might hold on and see if something better comes along as I don't have the money yet to make the purchase. Any other deals on a 15" MBP (2.7GHz Processor, 512GB) would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,
R ;)

Spink10

Suspended
Nov 3, 2011
Oklahoma
@ph001bi , @Gav.Winters , @ApolloBoy - Thanks for all the replies.
One of the reasons B&H works for me is I won't have to pay tax as they don't have a store in my state. I think I might hold on and see if something better comes along as I don't have the money yet to make the purchase. Any other deals on a 15" MBP (2.7GHz Processor, 512GB) would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,
R ;)
We will see more and more deals as the 2017 rMBP approach release - or at least speculation of their release.

campyguy

macrumors 68040
Mar 21, 2014
A couple of nits to pick with the sales tax bit. OP, you're profile states Brooklyn; I'm from the Island and have shopped at B&H for years, in-store when I'm in The City and online as I love their CS - they collect local sales tax for NY purchases, both in-store and online for NY/NJ residents (I think the NYC store collects 8.875% and they opened a fulfillment center in NJ a few months ago). For those not in those two states, you're still supposed to pay your state's use tax - Amazon "collects" the tax for your resident state, Fry's pays the state tax for some but not all items, and you're still supposed to pay your due to your state…

That written, do check out Fry's daily deals - a lot of their "discounts" have elevated to $250-300 in the past couple of weeks. AppleInsider is also a nice portal for discounts, they've a few web pages dedicated to deals with several authorized resellers (including B&H).

Reactions: Michaelgtrusa

rediffusion

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 26, 2006
Fairfield, CT
A couple of nits to pick with the sales tax bit. OP, you're profile states Brooklyn; I'm from the Island and have shopped at B&H for years, in-store when I'm in The City and online as I love their CS - they collect local sales tax for NY purchases, both in-store and online for NY/NJ residents (I think the NYC store collects 8.875% and they opened a fulfillment center in NJ a few months ago). For those not in those two states, you're still supposed to pay your state's use tax - Amazon "collects" the tax for your resident state, Fry's pays the state tax for some but not all items, and you're still supposed to pay your due to your state…

That written, do check out Fry's daily deals - a lot of their "discounts" have elevated to $250-300 in the past couple of weeks. AppleInsider is also a nice portal for discounts, they've a few web pages dedicated to deals with several authorized resellers (including B&H).
Well spotted! I actually moved to CT recently and forgot to update my location (just did it!). Thanks for the tips about Fry's and Apple Insider – I'll check them out.

DualShock

macrumors 6502
Jun 29, 2008
Well spotted! I actually moved to CT recently and forgot to update my location (just did it!). Thanks for the tips about Fry's and Apple Insider – I'll check them out.
Slickdeals is another site I follow, they are one of the most popular deal sites online.

And yes I've see deals come and go pretty frequently from B&H.

Gasu E.

macrumors 601
Mar 20, 2004
Not far from Boston, MA.
A couple of nits to pick with the sales tax bit. OP, you're profile states Brooklyn; I'm from the Island and have shopped at B&H for years, in-store when I'm in The City and online as I love their CS - they collect local sales tax for NY purchases, both in-store and online for NY/NJ residents (I think the NYC store collects 8.875% and they opened a fulfillment center in NJ a few months ago).
I'm not sure what "CS" stands for, but here's the list. Having been to B&H myself many times, I have already eliminated Cyber Sex and Christian Surfers.

http://acronyms.thefreedictionary.com/CS

Morris Hersko

macrumors newbie
Aug 26, 2015
New York City
B&H Photo are currently offering $200 off a 15" MacBook Pro with Touch Bar
This offer expires at midnight tonight but I am not quite ready to purchase yet. Do B&H have discounts like this often? I am hoping to have the money next week but don't want to miss out on the offer. Are they likely to do something similar again soon?

Many thanks,
R ;)
I just came across this thread, so it may be too late for the OP. But for the future, yes, there generally is a way to lock in the discount if the item will be purchased in the next few days. Please email me at morrish@bhphoto.com and I'll be happy to help.

Reactions: maflynn
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.