B&H Photo

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Rchawks, Jan 19, 2014.

1. Rchawks macrumors member

Opinions on this vendor for MacBook Pro RD, 15.

2. monokakata macrumors 68000

monokakata

B&H is honest and reliable. I've bought a lot of equipment from them, over more than a decade, and never had a problem.

You'll also find that their prices on Applecare are hard to beat.

3. peterdevries macrumors 68040

peterdevries

I agree on that. Have bought several photography products in NYC over the years. Always satisfied with their service.

4. martinm0 macrumors 6502a

They are great, but just read all the details about returns. They typically don't offer cash refunds if there is an issue. Not generally an issue, but I bought a Mac Mini from them a year or so ago. At that time the Mini's had loads of issues, including the white crush problem from the HDMI port. I called B&H to make a return, but they indicated they could only replace the machine for me. After a brief conversation explaining that a replacement wouldn't fix the problem (and I'd have to keep returning them over, and over, and over), they allowed me to return it for a full refund.

They're excellent to deal with certainly, but just know all the details before you jump in at that price. Oh, and they really do have the lowest prices on AppleCare out there.

5. oldhifi macrumors 6502a

oldhifi

6. henryp macrumors member

henryp

Thank you. This is very gratifying.