B key acting wierd

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by JordanLB23, Jun 30, 2009.

1. JordanLB23 macrumors regular

Just realized tday whenever I push the b key, it feels wierd. It's like a lot softer more squisher, and kinda goes down on an angle to the top left of the key. Rest of my keys are fine and when I push down on it its nice and firm.

What is wrong with it? is there any way to fix it?

Also I see these black speckle dust like stuff on the lbottom left side of my macbook pro, kinda where my left palm is when Im typing, is there anyway to get rid of that stuff?

Thanks.

2. TheShinyMac macrumors 6502a

TheShinyMac

Tell it to stop being so weird, then google to to remove keys from a apple laptop or what ever apple thing you have do that and then clean it put it back in and it should work

3. JordanLB23 thread starter macrumors regular

I'm scared Id break the keyboard or something.

4. Richard1028 macrumors 68000

Well, what other solution would you expect to get here? :D The key either needs to come off or you just live with it.

I had an arrow key do that recently... I removed it, wiped everything down and now it works fine:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E--mfTViQVM

5. harcosparky macrumors 68020

I had an issue with a key on my new MBP.

Made an appointment. took it in and the tech popped the keycap off to check underneath think a bracket had broken. It wasn't broken so he popped the keycap back on and began writing it up for repair. I hit the key a few times and it was working. Just popping it off and reseating it did the trick for me.

By the way, I am technically inclined and I watched him pop off the key. Watching him made me nervous!