B&O Earset 3 - iPhone 3G Problems???

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by thestaton, Dec 9, 2008.

1. thestaton macrumors 6502

Today, I swapped out my original iPhone for the 3G. Everything has been great except for the fact that my Earset 3 is terrible with the 3G compared to the original. If I connect it while I'm on a call it disconnects the call immediately. Then if I'm talking to anyone they are telling me I sound really muffled, and ask me to stop what ever I'm doing.

Anyone had this problem? Any way to fix this?

2. Mr. Giver '94 macrumors 68000

Mr. Giver '94

Sounds like you either have a dirty headphone jack or a broken headset cuz mine works great with the 3G...

It's (Earset 3) covered for 2 or 3 years (can't remember which), so it should be replaceable. I had it replaced recently for a faulty wire at the Apple store and it was really easy. Just make sure you saved the receipt.

Hope this helps! :)

3. Mr. Giver '94 macrumors 68000

Mr. Giver '94

It could also be that the mic. is blocked or dirty because u said it sounds muffled to people on the other line. I don't really have any suggestions on how to clean it though...Sorry...

4. thestaton thread starter macrumors 6502

thanks for the feedback. I would think they are broken as well, but if I plug them into the 1G they work / sound great.

I just got these back after waiting 65 days to get my old ones replaced. the cord frayed around the mic and a bunch of little wires where hanging out...