B&W A7 or B&O A8 ?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by iTiki, Mar 31, 2013.

1. iTiki macrumors 6502

Looking for high quality sound form a somewhat small package for a condo. Airplay is a must. Sound quality more important than price. Leaning towards the B&W A7, but thought I would ask others opinions here. Anyone had both?

2. waw74 macrumors 68030

i've got the a7, it's great. I have it in the bedroom, and use it for airplay and speakers for my aTV, so i don't have to use the crappy ones in the TV.

sound is great, very full sound, i don't normally crank it that loud, but the times i have turned it up, it fills the room nicely.

i like the fact that it turns itself off, it also turns itself on when it sees input on either source, and sets itself to that source.

the remote design sucks though, a bit hard to figure out which way it goes, there is a small divit in the bottom that your index finger sits in when you're holding it the right way, so you kinda have to pickit up, and move it around in your hands a bit to get it the right way.

3. iTiki thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for the reply. I like the idea of using it with TV. Any lip sync issues?

4. waw74 macrumors 68030

Nope.

and it's big and flat on top, perfect for my 32" to sit on, really need to wall mount it, but rental apartment, and i want it on a brick wall, so that's not going to happen.

5. iTiki thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks. Looks like I will be getting an A7 soon.:D

6. jetjaguar macrumors 68030

jetjaguar