Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DyslexicArtist

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 12, 2008
Hi, I scanned in a black and white ink drawing in photoshop. It looks fine except where I want 100% white it is sort of grayed. Is there a way to get the grayed white areas to be 100% white without going in and drawing it all?

I would appreciate a step by step way to do this. Thanks alot. I need the step by step. thanks alot.

Rt&Dzine

macrumors 6502a
Oct 8, 2008
Convert it to bitmap. Image>Mode>Bitmap

You might have to play with the settings and do some cleanup. If this is for print, I scan at 600 dpi for bitmap.

If this is a black and white line drawing, it'll print better as a bitmap than as grayscale.

tobefirst ⚽️

macrumors 601
Jan 24, 2005
St. Louis, MO
Adjust the levels. Go into Image>Adjustments>Levels and click on the white eyedropper in the bottom right corner (the one all the way to the right). Then click on the part of your image that should be white.

For more finely tuned adjustments, or to understand what this is doing to the image, you'll need to learn about the histogram, if you aren't already aware.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.