B & W Zeppelin

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by likethesoup2, Feb 15, 2012.

1. likethesoup2 macrumors 6502a

Hi everyone, I'm thinking of buying one; it's a little more than I had planned on spending, but I listened to it in the Apple store over the weekend and I am close to buying one.

My questions: I'm a chef and would mainly be using it in a kitchen setting, mainly when I'm doing prep work etc. I'm currently using a stereo bluetooth speaker, I think it's made by Altec Lansing. It's about 5 yrs old.

Does anyone have experience with it? Any others you can recommend I look at?

I'd love if someone could recommend a good bluetooth speaker.

Thanks.

2. Rocko1 macrumors 68020

Rocko1

3. likethesoup2 thread starter macrumors 6502a

4. qbricc macrumors member

Product review

I'll try to answer your question rather than point out the location of your post.

I've had the B&W Zepplin Air for about four months now and I would have to say it is a great bit of kit which looks and sounds great.

The plus points are:

Great sound quality for a speaker dock
    Small footprint
    Stylish good looks
    Works well with Apple products

Some negs

Sometimes cuts out when using AirPlay
    The cover might not hold up in a greasy, steamy and messy kitchen
    No Bluetooth

Hope this helps.

5. likethesoup2 thread starter macrumors 6502a

qbricc -- thanks a lot for at least trying.

Definitely a good point about the holding up in a kitchen, but I am pretty good about keeping the stuff I've had out of the way and only slightly scathed.

Again, thanks for the info.

6. Mactagonist macrumors 65816

It is a really great speaker and it looks gorgeous. Unfortunately the software running it is clunky and a pain to set up. Its reliability is only so so. For the price, I expected it to perform flawlessly.

I'd have to agree with the complaints about it missing BT. My Jawbone jambox, despite being nowhere near the speaker the Zeppelin is, is far more usable and reliable due to its use of BT.