b5 & b6 Location Services: Setting Time Zone always on

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Steve28, Aug 19, 2011.

1. Steve28 macrumors member

Have any of you noticed in b5 or b6 that the location services is being used for 'Setting Time Zone' in Settings->Location Services->System Services?

I noticed the past couple of days, my location services arrow was always on at the top of the home screen. When I looked through the settings to see why, I noticed that it's because of 'Setting Time Zone'. If I toggle that setting off/on, then it goes away, but will come back eventually.

I first noticed it a couple of days ago in b5 when I took a quick business trip to Las Vegas for one day - thought maybe it had something to do with that. Now, it just happened again on b6 just sitting here at my desk.

2. Sir Ruben macrumors 65816

Sir Ruben

Hmmm I switched the status bar icon option to 'on' and straight away the location services arrow appeared until I switched setting time zone to 'off'.

3. Playgear macrumors regular

Having the same issue myself with the public release... Bug?

4. archdelux macrumors 6502

I noticed this too...has this always been this way? Seems like it might dramatically reduce the battery life.. anyone have any answers?

5. thelookingglass macrumors 68000

I just noticed this as well and also noticed that my battery life was taking a hit. Does anyone know what this "setting time zone" function does? Isn't it redundant? There's already something under Settings --> Date& Time that sets time zone automatically is there not?

6. chrisu91 macrumors regular

If you rarely leave your time zone then I'd say it's fine to turn off. It grabs the time from your cell carrier anyways.