Baby Monitor

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by jjk454ss, Dec 1, 2013.

1. jjk454ss macrumors 601

jjk454ss

Anyone use a baby monitor with there iPhone or ipad? I'm looking for a gift for someone and wonder if there's a good one that works with iOS? I like the idea of the WeMo stuff by Belkin, but prefer video not just audio.

2. jayburd macrumors newbie

3. Zmanbaseball2, Dec 1, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2013

Zmanbaseball2 macrumors 68040

Zmanbaseball2

Baby Monitor

This will save you some money:
    WiFi Baby 2.0 (2013 Model) - iPhone, iPad, Android, Baby Monitor & Nanny Cam DVR. Video, Audio, Recording. Anywhere. Same Look, New Features (WFB2013)
    http://amzn.com/B00AKHKTVI

4. jjk454ss thread starter macrumors 601

jjk454ss

Thanks for the links, I'm looking for some feedback from anyone here that's used one. And I am looking for something that they can use with there iPhones, not with its own little display.

5. IXDoubleDXI macrumors regular

I use a Foscam FI8910W, along with the app IP CAM VIEWER (paid version), and it works great. I've got it set up on my iPad and iPhone and my wife has an app on her HTC ONE. App was like $5, and I picked up the camera on Amazon for $50 or so. I don't have it hooked up to view over the web, but for in house, probably can't find a better deal.

6. jjk454ss thread starter macrumors 601

jjk454ss

Thanks, I'll have to look into something like this too.

7. udit318 macrumors newbie

I'm looking for some feedback from anyone here that's used one. And I am looking for something that they can use with there iPhones, not with its own little display

8. jeepik macrumors regular

Ive tried them all

The FosCam isn't that great,quality especially at night isn't good

I have found that the apps do not notify you on time and are not always 100% reliable

Imho the dropcam hd is the best out of the bunch, still didnt keep it, as i need a panning option which it doesnt offer

There is also the new ibaby monitor, which I'm going to try next

All these solutions have a drawback, a significant delay, which is a problem. I want to be able to view my daughter live, not with a delay

9. jjk454ss thread starter macrumors 601

jjk454ss

Thanks for the info, let me know if/when you try the ibaby monitor.

10. jeepik macrumors regular

so i tried the ibaby

the monitor is neat, but the app is absolute garbage, notifications are non existent

i actually ordered the dropcam pro and am very satisfied with it, the quality is great, the field of view is terrific, and the app support seems to be top notch

the notifications are not bad, i put it in the corner of my living room and it captures the room without a problem, and i can zoom in fine,..so far i think the drop cam is one of the best out there.

11. ngocnguyen macrumors member