Back 2 School promotion questions !!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by AJ/Apple, Jun 15, 2011.

1. AJ/Apple macrumors newbie

Hi guys

i was just wondring , is the back to school promo available through the apple online store , or only through the retail store ?

and the second thing , is there any specific criteria to be eligable for the promo , or is it applicable for every purchase made ??

and will you be able to configure your macbook pro the way you like and still be eligble for the promo ??

finally , until when the promo is available ?

sorry for the noob questions guys ;)

thx

:D

2. nunes013 macrumors 65816

nunes013

i believe the promo is only done through retail but im not 100% on that. you can get the education discount online anytime but im not sure about the gift card ordering online.

the promo is only for a computer you buy and you must show your college acceptance letter to be eligible. when you show your letter you get the education discount and this year will be a 100 dollar itunes gift card. of course if you are a teacher or professor i believe you just have to show proof of that and you get the discount.

you can configure your machine anyway you like and still get the promo.

it is available until sept 20 as of the rumor.

3. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

You can take advantage of the promotion by buying from a Retail Store, the Online Store, or a Campus Store.

4. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

5. MacsOnAnabolics macrumors regular

MacsOnAnabolics

Or just a school ID from any of the qualifying institutions (find your school and shop) will work equally fine.

However if you order from the online store. Apple doesn't really have a way to verify you are a student. Oppose to in-store, the rep may ask to see your student ID or other verification.

6. AJ/Apple thread starter macrumors newbie