Back and case for RMBP?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by freelancer27, Jun 13, 2012.

1. freelancer27 macrumors member

What a day!

I pulled the trigger on a base RMBP with 16gb! So I will finally upgrade from my thinad T60 with 2GB. Woohooo!

So, to be totally up to the time I also want to make sure that I will carry my new baby in a nice and safe way around.

So I am looking for a cool and practical backpack (that I could also use for my ipad and some other stuff).

I am also thinking of how much sense does it make to get a case or some other kind of protection for it.

Any ideas/ recommendations?

Thanks all!

2. mohsy90 macrumors 65816

mohsy90

3. avalys macrumors 6502

I really like the Booq line of products. They are specifically meant for Apple products, with spaces for iPads, etc.

http://www.booqbags.com/Laptop-backpacks-macbook-backpacks

Anything that fits the 15" MBP should fit the MBPR.

I wouldn't bother with a case. Cases just add bulk, and unlike the iPad or iPhone, the case won't really protect the MBP if you are such a klutz as to drop it.

4. Qbiinz macrumors newbie

Attached Files:

5. mohsy90 macrumors 65816

mohsy90

damn those are pricey backpacks

6. TheMacBookPro macrumors 68020

TheMacBookPro

There are several hard cover cases available for pre-order on Amazon. They're about $30 and it says they'll ship on July 10. Search for 'Kuzy Retina MacBook Pro hard cover case'.

By that time there should be some cases available from other, more well known manufacturers though so I'd suggest waiting.

7. Nebrie macrumors 6502a

You pay for quality. Like the zippers that you probably wouldn't think twice about for example are probably ykk excella. They're made in the USA and cost $10-20 each but are some of most reliable zippers for sale.

8. Vexed macrumors member

Speck's website lets you enter your email so they can update you when the Retina versions are available, seems like that's the prevailing preference on these forums based on some other threads.

I found on Ogio backpack on clearance once, really enjoyed it. The laptop sleeve fit my 15" 2010 really well and it was just a well put together backpack.