Back back back back back....Toast is Outta Here!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Thunderclap*69, Oct 20, 2008.

1. Thunderclap*69 macrumors newbie

Toast has been chunking nuggets on my G5 for months --

I have a G5 running 10.4.11 on dual procs at 2.7 Ghz with 2.5 GB of DDR SDRAM. I run one app. Pro Tools - ( audio multitrack rig ). I have a home/project studio and have all of my archivals in 24/96 format until roughly a month or so ago when Toast decided to start placing horrible digital artifacts in the highend freqs of my 24/96 audio outs!!!! Well documented complaints of this all over the Toast site with no response whatsoever. Needless to say, I was miffed to put it kindly.

Problem solved!!!! Woo Hoo!!! Disco will do the job of creating CDs at 24/96 with no problems whatsoever. I dunno what other issues Toast has other than this, but it was enough for me to leave them lying dead in a ditch. If you are having any type of similar problem hook yourself up with Disco.

JayMc

2. Heb1228 macrumors 68020

Heb1228

The newest version of Toast (9 I think) keeps hanging whenever I try and burn DVDs. I've just gotten so I use the previous version and it seems to work fine, but problems like these aren't really excusable.