Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ZoeLou

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 6, 2015
Anyone know of a good back cover like the old ones Apple used to do (and still have for the mini). I would like one that can work with a Smart Cover.

mofunk

macrumors 68020
Aug 26, 2009
Americas
Last edited:

mofunk

macrumors 68020
Aug 26, 2009
Americas
Yeah its like 0.05 inches (13mm) difference.

I would pick the cheapest option with the return policy on the Pro cases. This way if you don't like the feel you can return it. I purchased a Poetic pro case for my mom's 9.7 iPad. It could be hit or miss. There are a lot of people online saying no but have they actually tried it. If you could, you might try going to either Staples or Best Buy or Target to see if they have any. Then try to see if they fit.

ZoeLou

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 6, 2015
I tried my iPad in an iPad Air 2 case in a store and it didn’t click in properly. That 1mm really makes a difference with these kinds of cases. Frustrates me that Apple and others aren’t really making new cases for the 9.7 anymore

mofunk

macrumors 68020
Aug 26, 2009
Americas
Yup. I have the iPad Pro 10.5 and I want the back cover too. The smart cover is way over priced compared to the other models but I'm gonna bite the bullet and get one. I'm kicking myself in the head because I saw the Smart cover on Amazon selling for $20. When I went back they were all sold out. :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.