Back cover protection for use with bumper cases?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by tinmancactus, Jun 13, 2012.

1. tinmancactus macrumors newbie

Does anybody have any suggestions as for what to do about protecting the back of an iPhone 4 when using a bumper case? I'm thinking of getting the Deff Cleave aluminium bumper case and the SGP Glas.t but the Glas.t only covers the front... And I'm worries I'll drop the phone and be unlucky and have the back plate smash (or it will just scratch up from general use...)

Any suggestions on what I could do about the back cover? Is there anything like the Glas.t for the back? Or will a screen protector help?

Thanks.

2. webslinger85 macrumors 6502a

webslinger85

You can buy shields for the back of the phone, SGP and Power Support just to name a few.

3. synce macrumors newbie

The Deff bumper should have a raised lip that protects the back (and front). Just beware of cheap knockoffs, the real thing is somewhere around $100 iirc. For scratches and dirt a simple cover should do

4. oneapplegeek macrumors regular

oneapplegeek

5. tinmancactus thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the replies, everyone.

If the Deff Cleave has a raised lip on the back, I assume it may well have one on the front as well? In which case the Glas.t might be too thick? (~0.4mm)

Thanks.

6. Technarchy macrumors 603

Technarchy

I run carbon fiber ghost armor over Zagg with an Apple bumper. The back is well protected against normal drops and dings and scratches.

7. dwa2011 macrumors regular

dwa2011

Yeah. I really like my carbon fiber back cover. while it is a sticker, i know it is extremely scratch proof and has a great feel to it.

I got mine at a local mall kiosk called ghost armor. But they can be bought many different places.

Stealth Armor looks to be the same and have a coupon code (weLOVEdads) for 25% off all june orders. Thats my best advice!!! :)
    good luck!

8. ALina26ss macrumors newbie

9. happylevy macrumors newbie