Back cover without smart cut-out. (iPad 3)

Adidas Addict

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 9, 2008
England
I'm wanting to get a back cover for my iPad 3rd gen. Most of the ones I find have a cut-out for the smart cover, which I don't use. Any ideas anyone?

Macman45

macrumors G5
Jul 29, 2011
Somewhere Back In The Long Ago
I'm wanting to get a back cover for my iPad 3rd gen. Most of the ones I find have a cut-out for the smart cover, which I don't use. Any ideas anyone?
I think I've finally got a handle on why these have been hard to come by...I just ordered this one from JL UK. The image shows a much larger cut-out, I'm guessing for better heat dissipation than the old shells:

http://www.johnlewis.com/231561557/Product.aspx

It's not exactly what I wanted, but will do the job until the likes of Speck and Stilgut get stuff here.

Entopia7

macrumors regular
Feb 4, 2008
Switcheasy Nude does not have a smart cover cutout, though I'm not sure if they've released an updated case for the new iPad.

Adidas Addict

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 9, 2008
England
I have a feeling they are just iPad 2 cases, that will fit if stretched really tight.

----------

Some have options for both.
ZAGG Leatherskin
**********.net
Are'nt they stickers? I want a silicone back case or hard case.

----------

A skin might be the better approach.
I don't want a skin/sticker, a proper case like an Incipio Feather but with no cut-out for SmartCover.

Hammie

macrumors 65816
Mar 17, 2009
Wash, DC Metro
You probably want something like the iVolution Grip from Vaja Cases. I know this one is leather, but it one of the few that I have seen for the new iPad.