Back from store, 38 vs 42 comparison video and pics

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by b3nnyboy, Apr 11, 2015.

1. b3nnyboy macrumors newbie

Hi,

Just got back from store where i tried SS classic leather 38 and 42, and 42 space grey sport.

I'm even more wondering which size to go after trying them, i find the 38 a little bit small, and the 42 a little bit big, 40 would have been perfect :(

In fact I can't even tell which size i'm wearing on pictures, i'm glad i took the video, because depending on the angle/zoom i can't tell if it's a 38 or 42.
    I have some pictures where the 42 looks really too large, but on the video i think it's not that big.

btw My wrist circonference is 185, wrist width is 60.

Here's a short video of the two sizes on wrist, first is 38 then 42 : http://b3nnyboy.tumblr.com/post/116102244410

And some pictures:

Seamaster 41/SS 42/SS 38
    [​IMG]

SS 38 and 42
    [​IMG]

Seamaster 41 and SS 38 or 42???
    [​IMG]

SS 38 or 42 ???
    [​IMG]

Sport 42
    [​IMG]

Sport 42
    [​IMG]

2. Elzbeth macrumors regular

The videos help put it into perspective much better! I'd go for the 42. More real estate too :)

3. Plx32 macrumors member

I'd go for the 42 also.

But which model did you prefer : the SS with classic buckle or the Space Gray Sport ? ;)

4. b3nnyboy thread starter macrumors newbie

Both are nice, but i think the SS is more versatile because it looks good with all apple straps.

I think the black sport will be a nice choice in the future when third parties will offer custom straps with "links" (not sure of the english word, i mean the metal part of the strap that goes inside the watch) matching the black aluminium.

5. Hicks. macrumors regular

Hicks.

I think you could get away with either size easily. Personally I would go for the 38mm. It looks more like a standard sized watch in my mind.

6. melman101 macrumors 68030

I like the 42mm better on you. But I'm not a watch guy.

7. slicecom macrumors 68020

You could pull off either one, but the 38mm looks better on you in my opinion.

8. Mark Booth macrumors 65816

Mark Booth

Thanks for the photos! If I get an Apple Watch, it will bump an Omega Seamaster off my arm as well (I've got all stainless Bond model). Your photos help with size comparison. Interestingly, both Apple Watches seem smaller to my eye (vs. the Omega), which is something I didn't expect due to the Omega being round and the Apple Watches being rectangular.

My try-on appointment is tomorrow. I'll try to remember to take similar photos.

Mark

9. kingofwale macrumors 6502a

kingofwale

10. Mark Booth macrumors 65816

Mark Booth

Sorry, no. A gift from my wife, so it has much sentimental value. Which, in fact, is the biggest factor in whether or not I get an Apple Watch. She's already told me it's okay if I'm not wearing the Omega every day. She pointed out that she doesn't wear every piece of jewelry (I've ever given her) every day. But, still, much sentimental value to me.

Mark

11. kingofwale macrumors 6502a

kingofwale

Same here, I am going to use mine Omega for special occasion only, and most likely wear APple watch daily.

damn, wish I have a wife that would give me an omega watch as a gift. :)

12. Mark Booth macrumors 65816

Mark Booth

We are generous to each other! You should see her favorite ring! :eek:

Mark

13. b3nnyboy thread starter macrumors newbie

it's gonna be an heartbreaking dilemna for watch lovers, if the apple watch is REALLY usefull, i mean usefull to the point that it's mandatory like a smartphone, when are we going to wear our time pieces :confused:

I don't think V1 will achieve that but in the future who knows...
    Maybe we'll see people with a smartwatch on one arm and a mechanical watch on the other :cool:

By the way as i'm still wondering wich size to go, i booked another apointment on monday, this time i'll ask for a different strap color for the 38 so i can tell them apart on pictures :rolleyes:

14. PLamarine macrumors 6502

PLamarine

15. jbromer macrumors 6502a

jbromer

16. TexasChemE macrumors 6502a

TexasChemE

Nice video! I think the Sport Space Grey looks awesome