Back from Try-On Appointment - Observations

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by ckiggins, Apr 13, 2015.

1. ckiggins macrumors 6502

Logged on this morning and was able to get a try-on appointment for noon today.

I have been consistently happy with the team at my local store - haven't had some of the "clueless" issues that some others have talked about, and today was no different. The staff was great and let me try on 5 different watches.

I pre-ordered the 42mm SS with classic buckle on Friday morning and my try-on appointment confirmed I made the right choice.

I also tried a space grey with the sport band - the sport band was extremely soft and I now wished I had ordered one when I preordered the watch. The space grey watch, though it looked great, seemed VERY light compared to the stainless steel.

I asked the genius if the extra bands would be available in-store at launch and he said he did not think they would have much stock if any.

I also tried the Milanese band, which I did not like, and the leather loop, which I did. The magnet was very strong and it felt great on my wrist.

I usually wear a bracelet watch (Movado Bold) and did not like the SS band options that Apple has thus far. To me they still look like a Casio calculator watch band from 1982, but to each his own. That's why we all have so many options available to us!

Last thing - the haptic feedback was pretty cool. I was expecting more of a vibration feeling and it almost felt to me like a "snap" or like someone was flicking you on the wrist.

I'm in the first wave (4/24-5/8) and am really hoping mine shows up on 4/24!

2. FrankySavvy macrumors 65816

Ordered the same watch as you, hoping the 24th as well :) I was extremely surprised at the quality of the Classic Buckle and also the SS casing in person is so much nicer!

3. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

I too didn't like the Milanese band.. but that's ME.
    What I don't like is how they are trained like robots and give you the used car salesman routine. This is great on you... bla bla.

What I didn't like was when i walked in the the greeter was talking to someone. Fine I was waiting and waiting saw a bunch of apple employees doing NOTHING.. one was texting.. one was playing on the demo watches... No one came up to me and said can I help you. I then walked away to the demo watches and then no one came over to me still. I went back and said excuse me, and then finally got someone to show me the watches. During my try on appointment someone said oh we can try them on.. i said yes... no one was offering any assistance..

4. 8CoreWhore macrumors 68020

8CoreWhore

My guy was clueless. Every Watch in the drawer had a dead battery and I had to INSIST in getting a Sport Gray from another draw. I tried on 4 Watches and everyone one of them he put on me backwards. After the first 2 I had to remind him the next two. I guess it didn't matter the buttons were in the wrong place as they didn't function anyway.

He forced a 38mm stainless band over my huge hands and wrist, could barely close it, then said, "Wow, you're the only one that this fits." It didn't fit, it was too tight. Gee, ya think this will get me to upgrade from a 42mm Sport to a 38mm SS?

He actually said to me I was smart to get the Sport because they'll just come out with a better one next year. LOL. I don't think this guy will last at Apple. They must be desperate to get quality help. North Park Center, Dallas.

5. Wildgift macrumors 6502

In Santa Monica last Friday, they were all working like crazy and clearly doing their best...

6. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

Went this morning to try on the 42mm SS with Milanese loop and loved it. Felt great on my wrist. Milanese band felt real great and magnet felt secure.

Attached Files:

7. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

Another shot.

Attached Files:

8. ShawnTXDFW macrumors regular

ShawnTXDFW

I'm actually right there with you. I to live in Dallas, and on Friday I went up to Northpark to do a try on session which was absolutely terrible. The guy that helped me was an older gentleman who couldn't hear me. I felt sorry for the guy actually. He had on a hearing aid, and was doing is best to assist me. But everytime I had a question he would immediately ask someone else to help him, help me! Which kind of defeated the purpose.

On top of that, I didn't get much of any help on how to play with the demo or anything. Not till a local person decided to chive in and help me on some questions that I had. To be honest, he should've been working for Apple. It is kind of sad that the Apple employees don't know much of what's going on when it comes to it's products.

Another thing was I ordered a 42mm SS Black Link AW, and the gentlemen told me they didn't have that one to show. All this put aside, I will say I re-scheduled a try on appointment for Wednesday afternoon, hoping I get a better employee and a better try on experience at that. I'm hoping someone will be able to let me try on the watch I just bought, and would like to see how it fits, will look like in person. If this doesn't end up being a good experience, I might just have to go to the one on Knox and see if that store might give me a better try on experience.

-Shawn