Back glass loose?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by CosmoPilot, Dec 13, 2010.

1. CosmoPilot macrumors 65816

CosmoPilot

I've noticed in the past day or so, when I grip the iPhone around the camera (gripping the front and back...basically squeezing the phone at the top right corner), I hear a clicking noise. This noise sounds like the back glass is loose, but I can't see it move. The clicking noise is repeatable without fail...however, I can't actually see the glass moving. It doesn't take much pressure either. None of the other corners of my phone do this...just the top right.

Thoughts?

I'm thinking of making a Genius Bar appointment to see what's up. I got the phone on launch day (29 June 2010). Would it be covered under some sort of warranty for defective workmanship??? It really is annoying/irritating.

Cosmo

2. mikeydeezy macrumors 6502a

mikeydeezy

I'm almost willing to bet that if you go in they will grab a screwdriver and tighten the two screws on the bottom and send you on your way.

You will be fine. :) :apple:

3. CosmoPilot thread starter macrumors 65816

CosmoPilot

Went to the Genius Bar this afternoon, and several of the Apple techs were amazed that the iPhone was doing this. They said they've never seen anything like it before.

Anyways, they were kind enough to swap it on the spot for a brand new iPhone. This is why I love Apple. In and out in 15 minutes...even made the appointment on my iPhone with the Apple Store app!

Cosmo