Back glass protector 3D

michael31986

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jul 11, 2008
Are there any full covering glass back protectors for the pro max? The one I got isn't going to cover full edge to edge.

Also any matte glass to keep similar feel of the glass on the iPhone?

Nipommu

macrumors regular
Jan 15, 2011
All I know is there is a front screen protector that's matte. I don't think back protector thats matte exists...yet.

michael31986

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jul 11, 2008
so the back glass protector I have seems so thick and when its on the matte black it makes it look foggy in some places. Anyone recommend any back protectors?

caligurl

macrumors 68040
Jun 8, 2009
socal
so the back glass protector I have seems so thick and when its on the matte black it makes it look foggy in some places. Anyone recommend any back protectors?
OK, then.... (that makes no sense but to each his own. You want a protector like the front screen protector that adds some bulk to the phone... so you want to add additional bulk to the back, too...
minimal but still additional bulk.....
whereas a skin... that you can get in CLEAR will PROTECT the back of the phone and add no additional bulk like a screen protector will since it's paper thin.... M'Kay)

michael31986

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jul 11, 2008
OK, then.... (that makes no sense but to each his own. You want a protector like the front screen protector that adds some bulk to the phone... so you want to add additional bulk to the back, too...
minimal but still additional bulk.....
whereas a skin... that you can get in CLEAR will PROTECT the back of the phone and add no additional bulk like a screen protector will since it's paper thin.... M'Kay)
I don’t use front protectors. I only care about the back cause that is wear I lay it down. Skins usually turn yellow. Glass doesn’t.

caligurl

macrumors 68040
Jun 8, 2009
socal
I don’t use front protectors. I only care about the back cause that is wear I lay it down. Skins usually turn yellow. Glass doesn’t.
I've had clear skins on my iphones in the past that never turned yellow. I also have a clear skin on my ipad mini 4 that's been on for a few years now and gets used daily.... it's definity NOT yellow.

michael31986

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jul 11, 2008
I've had clear skins on my iphones in the past that never turned yellow. I also have a clear skin on my ipad mini 4 that's been on for a few years now and gets used daily.... it's definity NOT yellow.
What Brand? all brands had turned yellow.

NewYorkRanger

macrumors regular
Oct 27, 2010
You can't stick protectors to the back of the pro max. If you've watched any test videos on YouTube, you know you don't need anything to protect it, it's very durable, if you're concerned, use a case.

mrklaw

macrumors 68020
Jan 29, 2008
I’m surprised at some of these reactions

a glass back protector would be a lot less bulky than a case and obscure the phone less so it’d be more like carrying it naked - but with some drop/scratch protection.
I’m surprised there aren’t more rear protectors available

michael31986

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jul 11, 2008
I’m surprised at some of these reactions

a glass back protector would be a lot less bulky than a case and obscure the phone less so it’d be more like carrying it naked - but with some drop/scratch protection.
I’m surprised there aren’t more rear protectors available
Same. I’m shocked people don’t protect back more. Unless y’all put phone face down. I care about back

russell_314

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2019
USA
Same. I’m shocked people don’t protect back more. Unless y’all put phone face down. I care about back
With or without some type of protector on the back it's going to be sitting on the camera lenses. I don't think I would want to scratch them. I use a case but I'm also rough on phones.

michael31986

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jul 11, 2008
With or without some type of protector on the back it's going to be sitting on the camera lenses. I don't think I would want to scratch them. I use a case but I'm also rough on phones.
The camera lenses are pretty durable and I’m sure the glass their is stronger.